• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the 182-RG's I fly has a pee tube that empties out the belly. If there's ever a hydraulic fluid problem, my thought is to feed it into the powerpack and go to town.

Usually you get that dangling wasp-leg thing when you lose hydraulic pressure in the cessna RG's

I weigh in on the bad idea side of this one. I usually refrain from pointing fingers, but this activity was just foolish. The risk is just not worth to possible benefit.

I know I wasn't there, don't know any of those involved, but it doesn't matter.

Flying is fun and we can all enjoy it, but we should be mindful when we sacrifice safety for budget.... skimping on MTC or being "innovative" with our "problem solving," to save on insurance. Had the hero tactics not been employed, it is doubtful that this would have resulted in a total loss, so I don't buy that this drives up insurance prices... taking rediculous risks is what eventually drives up prices.

Is it kinda neat that this worked? Yeah! Looks cool on TV. Was it a good idea? No way.

Anybody think that this will result in an enforcement action of any kind? Should it?

-Casper

cforst513 said:
be careful what you say about people you don't know, T-Gates. you weren't there, you have no idea what was going through everyone's head. and thankfully they didn't have you to depend on when trying to get this situation fixed.

typical cheap ratty S FL flight school tactic.

risk 3 lives to save a propstrike?

yeah heroic....the sad part is the pilot and the tools in the Jeep probably felt great about saving that insurance deductible. My guess is also that the FAA wants to talk to the pilot...

Of course Joe Epic would not have been so psyched to talk to the media if the plane crashed on the jeep and killed them all.

What a douche.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
typical cheap ratty S FL flight school tactic.

risk 3 lives to save a propstrike?

yeah heroic....the sad part is the pilot and the tools in the Jeep probably felt great about saving that insurance deductible. My guess is also that the FAA wants to talk to the pilot...

Of course Joe Epic would not have been so psyched to talk to the media if the plane crashed on the jeep and killed them all.

What a douche.
wow, there are so many things wrong with your post, i don't know where to start. you're not worth the fight, Gulfstream. you've reverted to name calling like the immature 12 year old you probably are. why don't you go somewhere else and talk about how important you are b/c you make a lot of money and fly gulfstreams, since that's what's important in life. leave this thread to those with the mental capacity to handle a mature conversation.

was this a good idea? i dunno. lots of factors to weigh. but, since i know the parties involved, i can tell you right now this was not an insurance issue, nor was it a "hotdog" issue. several of the parties involved have families and children, and i bet that they wouldn't have put themselves in harm's way if they didn't think that they could handle it. don't talk about what you don't know, gulfstream. all you know about this situation is the 50 second clip from a local news company. you just look ignorant.

cforst513 said:
wow, there are so many things wrong with your post, i don't know where to start. you're not worth the fight, Gulfstream. you've reverted to name calling like the immature 12 year old you probably are. why don't you go somewhere else and talk about how important you are b/c you make a lot of money and fly gulfstreams, since that's what's important in life. leave this thread to those with the mental capacity to handle a mature conversation.

was this a good idea? i dunno. lots of factors to weigh. but, since i know the parties involved, i can tell you right now this was not an insurance issue, nor was it a "hotdog" issue. several of the parties involved have families and children, and i bet that they wouldn't have put themselves in harm's way if they didn't think that they could handle it. don't talk about what you don't know, gulfstream. all you know about this situation is the 50 second clip from a local news company. you just look ignorant.

not an insurance issue?
not a hotdog issue?
no one put themselves in harms way?

what part of the 50 seconds did you miss buddy? maybe the part when the jeep sped down the runway and the guy grabbed the cessna landing gear? ignorant? I dont know the whole story? what else is there to know? its all on tape man!

I know you have some strange "loyalty" to your flight school and all but this was seriously a stupid thing to do, videotape, and talk to the media about. If loyalty to this douchebag is your issue think how long Epic would be in business if that plane crashed on the jeep killing all 3-4 people? Would have made that 2 weeks in mx after the gear up landing look pretty reasonable huh?

then again at least he didnt mess up the flight schedule.....or fly a wide pattern or belly it in on the grass like some "riddle dork" would have, huh?

:rolleyes: .

Last edited:
I know the guy who got on his belly and pulled the gear down on the RG. Last I knew, he was a "higher up" @ TSA.
I thought at the time, he clanked when he walked....

WOW WOW and WOW....

Its one of those What were u thinking....

But glad everyone was okay.....

Latest resources

Back