• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nine and a half and a couple already do.

Thanks for the tip!
I actually don't think the Union will be a bad thing as far as pay goes, if I upgrade before the integration date. But I am actually more concerned about furloughs and how they will be managed. Lots of money is being lost on wall street and thereby fractional owners!

Jenex,

Did you know that a major drug company just shut down its flight department and joined Netjets? Throughout the yin and yang of economic cycles, the company does just fine. We lose one company here, another company buys in to stop the shareholder screaming about the low stock price and the royal barge. And the super rich? They're super rich for a reason and will continue to be so. And they're not going back to the airlines.

I wouldn't worry about any furlough. Slower growth, maybe. Furlough? If that happens it means we have "dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

Jenex,

Did you know that a major drug company just shut down its flight department and joined Netjets?

Are you talking about Bristol Meyers Squibb? I guess in your 9.5 years with NJA you have seen the cycle's peak and trough a couple times huh!! :D

I currently make $26,000 a year more in base pay than a pilot of equivalent seniority at NJA on a more than 40,000# airplane.

Fortunately, the terms of the LOA prevent reductions in base pay once the terms of the CBA govern the NJI pilot group.

I'm interested to see how quickly B. O. implements the terms of the contract and what areas receive contractual relief for the NJI operation.

Flying on the NJA "side" I hear lots of people complaining that we gave up too much in the IBB, the pay is too low for the captains, we gave too many concessions, etc.

I don't think the mood among the general NJA pilot population is to give any more "contractional relief" to the company without some clear gains to our pilots (NJI and NJA).

I'm sure an extra $26,000 a year "bonus" to each pilot (in addditon to our current pay scales until we are all on the same pay rate) would work however. :D

As always, we will see how this develops. Oh, and Welcome Aboard!

Dog,

If I read the CBA pay scale correctly, on a 7-7 schedule (which, as you know, is all we presently offer), I currently make $26,000 a year more in base pay than a pilot of equivalent seniority at NJA on a more than 40,000# airplane.

I think you said you were in your 10th year.
The pay scale for the >40K doesn't go over and above < 40K aircraft until year 16. (if you read the fine print.)

We don't have anyone less than 11th year seniority in a >40 aircraft. I'm in yr. 13 and won't take a pay cut for staying in my <40k for few years. I'm quite happy where I am though. (DA2000 classic) Come on over! You'd love it. I'm not kidding!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back