• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right they will look at facts........Fact 1 they use other SLIs as precedent and those other decisions are all decided on relative seniority and expected career progression.

I do not think there is any precedent for this. I believe MB is new. You start at zero. Besides, lets be realistic. I don't even think Ty Webb thinks he will get relative seniority. Do you really think the number one guy at Airtran that was hired in 1993 will be one number below the top SWA guy that was probably hired in 1974. If you really think that you have some serious problems.

I suggest some counseling for the anger management. Or posting sober;)

Call your MC and ask them whether they welcome arbitration. Then get back to me.

You might follow your own advice regarding posting. If you think GD Holdings is anything more than an administrative Tool then ..... Go back a word or seven :laugh:

No anger here brother!!! Just commenting on how you seem to have inside information on what our NC wants and on how our pilot group is going to vote. I guess that is why this is the notorious FI. Just post what you deem/want to be factual......then it is!! Just ask Ty, he does this very well. :)

I do not think there is any precedent for this. I believe MB is new. You start at zero. Besides, lets be realistic. I don't even think Ty Webb thinks he will get relative seniority. Do you really think the number one guy at Airtran that was hired in 1993 will be one number below the top SWA guy that was probably hired in 1974. If you really think that you have some serious problems.

Well, I guess the USAIR pilots had the same problems. Whats 20 years. It's just relative. Right?

If Southwest pilots have the courage, they would offer DOH to all Valujet pilots, I mean Airtran pilots and protect their capt seats in ATL. And just to be really nice, Southwest should change their callsign since they are keeping The SWA name. New callsign critter ah I mean citrus. That would be swell. Follow Southwest, I mean Citrus.

M

SWA pilots have plenty of courage, we now have to go to the party with the fat chick's hairy red headed cousin from Georgia, we have been drinking non stop since September 27th!

Your right they will look at facts........Fact 1 they use other SLIs as precedent and those other decisions are all decided on relative seniority and expected career progression.

Really? You honestly believe that you guys will see a 50 % pay increase AND a 20 year bump in equivalent date of hire? That seems "fair and equitable" to you?

Expected career progression? Be careful with that one: strike vote, attrition to other airlines (including SWA), cash available ...

We can all come out of this deal winners or losers. Try to run up the score and I predict a rough road ahead. Why not simply acknowledge the good times ahead for your group regardless of the SLI outcome.

Last edited:
IMHO maybe date of hire with a ratio of some sorts!!! There will be fences, but who knows durations. I dont think any AAI pilot is realistically expecting relative senority. Yes, pay raises for all, no matter what seat you may be in.
In the end, we all need to function as ONE!! Lets not be divided as that is the quickest road to a bitter place to work. The bottom line remains that the AAI pilots come to work, and work hard despite the pressures from management, as do the SWA pilots. We have the chance to become a force to be reckoned with, so lets all please work together and not fight amongst ourselves on the issue of integration.

IMHO maybe date of hire with a ratio of some sorts!!! There will be fences, but who knows durations. I dont think any AAI pilot is realistically expecting relative senority. Yes, pay raises for all, no matter what seat you may be in.
In the end, we all need to function as ONE!! Lets not be divided as that is the quickest road to a bitter place to work. The bottom line remains that the AAI pilots come to work, and work hard despite the pressures from management, as do the SWA pilots. We have the chance to become a force to be reckoned with, so lets all please work together and not fight amongst ourselves on the issue of integration.

Man, you REALLY have that "FI Newbie" smell. Rico, is that you? :laugh:

ATN-ALPA and SWAPA have both asked their Pilots to not make posts advertising their SLI expectations. You're a junior FO, we get it. Take your low self-esteem elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back