Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Instrument Checkride this Wed.. dont feel prepared..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your CFI thinks your ready, you are. no worries and goodluck!

FD

What does the Tomato A Flames thing go?
I havent studied that vfr stuff in a long time
Anti collision lights
Tachometer
Oil temp
Manifold pressure
Altimeter
Temperature engine (liquid cooled)
O ("O" damn i cant remember this one)
Flap position indicator
Landing gear lights (green=down)
Airspeed indicator
Magnetic compass
Elt
Seatbelts

Well this was off the top of my head I'm sure I have them written down somewhere. Please can someone help get the final "O"

Thanks

Know the GPS and the autopilot if they are in your plane. Sometimes, you will be showing the DE something they don't know. Have confidence, and don't be thrown off by the "are you sure?" You are most likely right. They want you to be confident, they want you to pass. Give them what they want.

BushwickBill said:
Please can someone help get the final "O"

Oil Pressure Gauge.

Try this technique. Sit in the plane (also works with a cockpit poster), and start from left to right, top to bottom, and point to (and touch) each instrument and gauge and ask yourself "is this required"?

Everybody I have ever worked with has learned and used this method successfully. It allows you to interact and look immediately at an instrument/gauge and determine immediately if it is required.

Example: Look at the Airspeed Indicator. Is it required? Yes. Look at the VSI. Is it required? No! Look at the Outside Air Temp gauge. Is it required? Yes.

This saves time as you are not running though an acronym in your head trying to figure out if it is required equipment.

I can honestly say I felt the IA checkride was easier than my private. Just study ASA, know the charts and approaches cold and really make sure your weather knowledge is solid. The flying part is easy...just follow needles and remember to:
Turn
Time
Tune
Throttle
Talk
every time you do anything.

well.. that is my thing.. my weather knowledge isnt my best area.. I am trying to learn it all but it is hard!

no worries...

in the clouds = IMC
close to the clouds = VMC

;)

really get into icing, any charts you might use to determine weather a flight is safe or not (ie weather depiction chart, surface analysis chart, radar summary chart) altimeter settings to millibar settings. Icing is really the big concern here, know all the different types of ice, how to avoid it, what to do if encountered...the usual. how far around tstaorms you should fly, turbulence procedures....memorize the weather portion of the ASA book, they take those questions from the PTS which is what the examiner uses. Get those down and youll be golden.

Ask other CFIs to do ground with you; know the regs & charts inside and out.

Good luck,
TA

Latest resources

Back