Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Instrument Checkride this Wed.. dont feel prepared..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Book mark stuff in the FAR AIM youre not too sure about and when he asks that question turn to that page asap....dont spend time looking it up use sticky notes.

QuasarZ said:
Do you happen to have an answer page for that? There are a few on there I dont know and cant find.
Thanks

I personally don't have a Q/A sheet as I am not affiliated with that school. I just though that it was very comprehensive in terms of what knoweldge should be owned.

There are some questions that probably don't apply to your area/aircraft/equipment. You can tailor those into generic questions that apply to you airspace, aircraft, etc.

Everything else can be found in the FAA Instrument Flying Handbook and FAR/AIM. By researching the answers, they'll stick in your head. Any questions you're stumped on, make a list and post them on this thread. We'll all comtribute and help answer these questions.
Good luck.

QuasarZ said:
Do you happen to have an answer page for that? There are a few on there I dont know and cant find.
Thanks
I see your ride is on Wed...well, I'm pouring screwdrivers right now...so that must be an omen that you're going to do ok. At least that's what I'm going to tell the wife when she gets home from work and asks, "what the hell are you celibrating now, dammit?" (got to work on WED).

Pick a time that you think you should be done studying in the evening and quit beating yourself up...get a good nights rest and don't crack any more books in the morning.

Last edited:
QuasarZ said:
Tomorrow at 12:00
ooops...after I posted I saw the thread banner and said WED in big print. Duh! That happens when you get old.

Good luck tomorrow dude!

Couple questions... Any tips on doing a full approach partial panel? And any tips on doing a dme arc? I only have done a DME arc a few times.. so I am hoping that I do not have to do it.

Also, I have only done one auto-pilot couled approach and I asked my instructor if I would have to do one and she said "NO." Which I find hard to belive... I think that she needs to get a new PTS.. no auto pilot approach but some steep turns and stalls..?? I dunno..
but any tips on how to set up the autopilto approach?
Thanks

Latest resources

Back