• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two old threads you've now dug up, before the MECs have finished meeting to discuss the future about the flowdown and flowup.

Why don't you just wait like everyone else?

Are you suggesting mainline pilots will be willing to flow down to Trans States?

Are you suggesting mainline pilots will be willing to flow down to Trans States?

Good question. What are possible bases, aircraft, and most importantly, pay scales? Down to a 170 is one thing, to a 15 year old crj-200 is something entirely different.

What staple?

If Compass were stapled, it would vindicate Dave Behnke, the 24 and those who dreamed up the concept of unifying workers to bargain collectively.

Last edited:
So, does this staple vindicate the RJDC? Just curious as I am (thank God) no longer a 121 pilot.

First of all... there is no staple.....

Second.... RJDC would have never gone for a staple

RJDC was about the regional jet pilots wanting mainline scope abolished so that they may grow the cancer from within until it became so big as to overtake the mainline.

In a nutshell, they believed that allowing a division of "their union" ALPA, to argue to limit "their flying" was counterproductive at best.

Actually a valid point, but if you join a union that is bent on maintaining mainline, career type pilot jobs and then accept employment that undercuts that overriding union goal, you have to accept that you will not be equally represented.

RJDC was about the regional jet pilots wanting mainline scope abolished so that they may grow the cancer from within until it became so big as to overtake the mainline.

Seems to be happening even without RJDC's help, doesn't it?

I just got a settlement check, and ACL65Pilot claims the settlement agreement is affecting DALPA scope....not perfect, but money well spent....:uzi:

Any talk of staple back in '99 when DAL bought ASA lead to a lynching by the "DOH" crowd as I recall.. We had the chance to end the RJ whipsaw once and for all at that time, but RJ (and ATR) captains felt they were entitled to 757 left seats since "I've been flying Delta passengers for 10 years!" was the state of mind!

At least the Compass guys have half a brain.. even if it's wishful thinking that the DAL MEC cares anything about the junior pilots enough to do this.

Latest resources

Back