• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info on cabin class twins???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cessna 340 and 414 are not bad planes at all, but if you are going to be flying 6-8 people on a regular basis, I would probably look elsewhere. A 421 might do, but if 8 people will be a regular event, and unless they are midgets, I would start looking towards turbine.

They both have the same engines, and the 340 is a bit faster and will do better on one engine. I do air ambulance in a 414 here in New Mexico, with high density altitudes..Try over 9000 ft before I ever leave the runway, on an average summer day, and probably approaching 10,000 once it gets to 90s.

I hope I never lose an engine in a 414 after takeoff with patient, nurses and gas, because I suspect the driftdown altitude will be somewhere well below the surface, and the terrain around here is not exactly like it was in North dakota.

A 340 is a easy plane to fly, and not too bad on one engine. 414 is roomier, heavier...

I did cloud seeding in a 340 last year, and now do air ambulance in a 414 and forest fire "air attack" in a 340 too

Groover,

Great website, thanks!

Aero thanks for the insight on the AD's and SB's, will have to keep an eye on those. Is there a website or other source of info that would have a list of all the AD's and SB's for the make and model aircraft? Faa.gov have that?

HMR, thanks for the info! I was surprised the turbine was less expensive than the 421? I guess it must have been around the block a few times.

Latest resources

Back