Info for NJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO-82 driver said:
As proven by the last days of negotiations prior to the T/A coming out.

I'd be curioous what RTS told you guys at that luncheon in SAV.

Well you guys hung your hat on what he told you years ago...now we plan to hang our hat on what he has told us will happen...it's just that what the union thinks is one thing and what NJI is getting will be something else...Happy Holidays

Do you honestly think if anything was told in SAV that it wouldn't be out now. With the internet and everything else out there plus of all the people that we all know on both sides of the companies NOTHING has come out about the SAV meeting.

As was proven when RTS tried to back out of the deal his world came crashing down. So to keep the company running he sold out NJI.

Diesel said:
Do you honestly think if anything was told in SAV that it wouldn't be out now. With the internet and everything else out there plus of all the people that we all know on both sides of the companies NOTHING has come out about the SAV meeting.

As was proven when RTS tried to back out of the deal his world came crashing down. So to keep the company running he sold out NJI.

There are always 2 sides...maybe...he sold out the union?? Stay tuned.

Oh i'll stay tunned but it really doesn't matter much. I've got my workrules and scope in writing. He tried to get out of making a deal for NJi and the pilot group responded so hard that he had to come back to CMH to sign the deal.

Spin off the gulfstreams, sell them, or fold them into NJA it doesn't really matter in my life.

Now if I was at NJI I'd be more worried if any of the above happened. Because if you get sold off or spun off now you're dealing with a whole new boss and company.

The FO's just got a couple of years added to the upgrade times because RTS made a 1 for 3 deal. That's what I'd be ticked about.

Beating a dead horse here, but here’s my $.02 on the international flying/aircraft experience issue. It’s not rocket science, but you need to be totally comfortable in flying your aircraft and have a bag of tricks (which only comes with some experience and a lot of hangar flying). I’m not speaking of Europe or the islands here. If, on the “they’re trying to kill/violate me scale,” the US is a 1, Europe and Central America are 2s, Africa, parts of Asia and S. America in the Andes are 10’s. You will be vectored into mountains by ATC. You will have tense moments above countries that don’t like us (“say again you’re call sign is NOVEMBER 234 XX”). You will fly routes no one in the company has ever flown before. You will haggle over clearances and basic ground services. You may tanker fuel into airports over 10,000’ where you’re landing ref is only a few knots below tire speed, or have to deal with QFE in the mountains. You may be denied entrance to airspace you have an over-flight permit for. You will be asked to do these things after spending the last six months doing nothing but PBI-TEB. Again, not rocket science, not unsafe, but you need to know your way around Jepp vol 1, have some haggling skills, and always have a plan B. I would have considered myself unsafe if I was asked to do these things as PIC just a few months after typing in any aircraft, despite 8 yrs of Navy flying that was ¾ outside CONUS.

On the integration issue, I’m trying to stay positive. I’ve read the briefs on several single carrier petitions, both successful and unsuccessful. While I think the deck is stacked against separate pilot groups at the moment, it is my opinion that a successful single carrier petition is by no means a sure thing. A lot could also change in 3 years to un-stack the deck. If integration happens and the NJI pilot group has a say, I hope and believe we won’t throw the FO’s under the bus.

Diesel said:
Oh i'll stay tunned but it really doesn't matter much. I've got my workrules and scope in writing. He tried to get out of making a deal for NJi and the pilot group responded so hard that he had to come back to CMH to sign the deal.

Spin off the gulfstreams, sell them, or fold them into NJA it doesn't really matter in my life.

Now if I was at NJI I'd be more worried if any of the above happened. Because if you get sold off or spun off now you're dealing with a whole new boss and company.

The FO's just got a couple of years added to the upgrade times because RTS made a 1 for 3 deal. That's what I'd be ticked about.

Just wait and see............"O" and read your contract.

As the NetJet World turns "Take 999"

I have sat back and read this debacle go on and on. It happens in short segments, kinda like a sit com. It always comes back to who has the highest senority, who flies the aircraft that no one else cant fly, who flies internationally where no one else had gone before....this is BULL$h*t. I think that the biggest thing to worry about is how in the world that Netjets is going to survive with the payincreases, fuel price increases, silly aircraft groundings, fake tipping and then putting it on your expense account (I know this goes on I have talked to several who do it), and mainly customers/owners going elsewhere with their travel needs.
Who cares who flies what? Who cares who flies where? We all have 7 on 7 off, the pay is much better ( I dare any of the NJI or Class 4 guys to bark about this), our 401k is great and much more the guy who owns us is #2 in the World and #1 in the World is on his finacial board. If we all keep fighting, generating bad blood, costing the company more and more in money......You too will be able to by fine antiques with NETJETS on them. Kinda like Pan Am, Eastern, etc etc.
Quit the bickering, help out your brother/sister co worker get the job done and keep NETJETS as a house hold name for these rich folks who keep us out of rickety old cargo airplanes. (Not to mention in nice hotels on sunny beaches, or ski lodges, or exotic countries for that matter.
"CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG"
Now all you who are steaming at the collar because I took the wind out of this sail run along and make the customers happy.....because if you dont you will be making alot of hits on the "jobs" or "hiring" section of this website. Trust me ....if you dont...you will only bring down the company that buys your childrens college educations, your fancy homes, your sail boats, your Harley's yady yady yady....No to mention have your Company make the front page of SEVERAL news papers!!!

Type of flying and experience is moot. We've all accumulated a vast amount of experience, some of us military and civilian, domestic and international. Any cockpit will have one experienced crewmember on board with current company experience.

Threats about promises and wait and see attitudes won't do anything either. Promises made and kept are two different things. The only point I'm trying to make is we need to approach this in an intelligent manner-together. The union is willing to discuss this with any and all NJI pilots, and I believe it would be in your best interest to do just that.

The reason the union negotiated with company about this is because it is an agreement between Netjets Inc. and the local 1108. NJI has no say in this without representation, short of finding other gainful employment. Join us and we all work together towards a common goal. Believe it or not, most of us are all for a fair integration, but acting like a stooge for RTS will not gain much for the G force.

The Section 1.3 on the new contract alone was enough to vote YES. Without scope everything else is crap.

RTRHD,

Here's a chance to validate yourself. Can you site specifically in our contract what is sooooo damning? I even doubt you have read the thing.

I eagerly await your great revelation.......

Latest resources

Back