• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info for NJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Diesel....Good Old Rusty is typical of his type......every company has them....

Its not even worth my response.....

...."there I was...surrounded...nothing but Bad Guys...."

....."I jumped in the seat, threw the checklist out the window and started the engines....down the dirt strip we rolled....bullets flying everywhere."

..."back at the "O" club I had a Scotch and played poker...just another day."

Rusty,

So your boss knows you'll tell him where and when to stick it? You are right you don't belong in a Union they don't have the resources to get your job back after you're fired for cause. Like insubordination. Which also falls under the behavioral issue clause.

I also loved your 'nam reference because what you forgot to mention is that many learned from his failure to actually pull off his little maneuver. Not to mention what they might have learned had he actually pulled it off.

But I think you are focused heavily on the I've learned everything and have forgotten that until you are dead, there are still things to learn. Often from those grand kids of yours. Because what you think of as a higher knowledge today, will be first grade math in the future. Just the way evolution works. Pretty soon you'll be able to use the company card to pay your bribes directly to the "handler" via his handheld credit card scanner that will automatically deposit the bribe into his Turks and Caicos account.

I remember when I was a W1 way back when and how I was treated with disdain by the W3's and W4's (there weren't any 2's left). Because I didn't know everything like they did. Then came along the Apache. I laughed my ass off as those old school boys suffered through the transition and the "kids" laughed and enjoyed the new video game.

I for one actually appreciate a helping hand when it comes from the heart and not the ego. But when spoken down to I suppose I take your thought process and tell you where to stick it.

Now go back to that Huey and pack some more grease in the driveshaft. It's starting to get hot in those bearing hangars LOL

Cheers

boo hoo! I want to fly a gulfstream! RTS promised us! RTS Promised!

My parents promised me a scooter for Christmas when I was 7. I got some dumb clothes instead. I got on with my life. Now get on with yours. If you want to fly a Gulfstream, get in line like all of us did. We welcome you to them. Just don't try to step in front of us who left our good jobs for a great job at NJI. Congrats on the contract, the pay, 7 & 7 and all the other legal stuff. I'm happy for you. I welcome all those who transition to NJI in the future. Just don't expect to cut in line ahead of us who have been working our way up the ladder the old fashioned way.

I get a kick out of those saying the NJI guys may like it if we blended the seniority list. "Some of the NJI guys may be sick of flying international and doing long legs. Maybe they want to fly a X or a 2000". Nope, If we wanted that we would have applied to NJA to begin with. I don't see any NJI guys beating down the doors to go to NJA. That should tell you something.

Good luck with the war. Don't believe anything until it happens and don't get your hopes up.

Pervis said:
The future is clear-there will be integration. Although many have voiced opinions regarding union membership in a negative way, at least on this board, the choice is yours. For all of our sake, joining the frey before the three year waiting period is over would be to everyone's advantage, especially NJI pilots.
Just like the future was clear 3 months ago when it was clear there would be no agreement. Just like it is clear that the union is running the show and everything is in writing. If everything is so clear, why is there so much discussion of what may happen. One thing is clear, I'm clearly entertained.

"joining the frey would be to everyone's advantage"????

HA! I'm going to write that one down and use it my stand-up routine at next years Christmas party. Thanks for looking out for us NJI pilots. I'm sure our best interests are in your thoughts.

RustyFan said:
Hey Num-Nuts!

What part of my avatar doesn’t distinguish me as 64 year old man with 4 grand kids! I’ll tell the man where to stick it anytime and anywhere, and my boss knows it. Just like I’ll tell you that you’re clueless about a good ¾th of the dribble that comes out of your lips.

Jesus Christ, what a windbag. You must be a real pleasure to fly with on a long haul trip. You talk real tough here on these anonymous message boards. I would really love to see you tell "the man" where to stick it in person. All of the NJI guys that I have dealt with on these boards in the past have been professionals. How did you slip through the cracks?

RustyFan said:
I worked on helicopters in Nam. We had a new Cobra pilot from Rogers Arkansas show up, Douglas Brubaker (we called him Half-Baked Brubaker). That kid showed up ready to kill Commies with a tooth pick and a Swiss army knife. After he decided to try a tear drop 180 and fire off his remaining rockets over a hot LZ, he got shot down, spent 1 night in jungle, and cried like a baby for a month; he realized what everyone knew. There is no substitute for experience.

Huh?? What does this story have anything to do with flying Gulfstreams in an international environment? Are you trying to say that NJA pilots have no credible international experience? Next time, try an analogy that is relevant to the topic at hand.

RustyFan said:
So the next time your sitting in a concrete shack over in Nairobi trying to find someone to pay off so you can get your gas truck, and your stomach starts rumbling from the breakfast you ate, and your friendly neighborhood communist soldier wants $20 bucks to let you out to your plane, and then you get there and the APU wont start… Then we’ll talk about you international experience. Until that time have fun flying to St. Marteen, London, and Canada and logging your “international experience”.

Do you have any idea how arrogant you sound here? Your condescending attitude does nothing to back up your position, and makes you look like a pompous ass to boot. Do you think you're the only pilot that's been stuck in a 3rd world dump trying to accomplish his mission with language barriers, how to pay for the fuel, etc? Don't you think that NJA has quite a few former military pilots with loads of international experience? I'd venture to say that a lot of these pilots have probably flown to places you have never seen in your 64 years (and a hell of a lot more austere than Nairobi). Does this make them a better pilot than you? No it doesn't. Does it make you a better, more qualified pilot than the NJA guy that has never flown in Africa? Not by a long shot. Maybe one of these days when a NJA guy is sitting in the right seat of your Gulfstream, he'll keep you from showing your "know it all" ass landing at old, boring London Heathrow. Get over yourself.

RustyFan said:
For the 1st and last time in my life, I can gladly look at a union and say,
RustyFan said:
“You can’t touch me, and you won’t affect me, NO MATTER what you pull”

You're right. You probably are too old for any of this to affect you.....you'll either be retired, or in a nursing home sucking down your dinner through a straw. It's too bad that you actually won't have to bid down off the G-IV, and pull gear for some 30 year old Capt on the Ultra for a month. Trust me, you'd be a better man for it.

Hey Ron Burgandy-

Don't be mad at us because RTS AGREED to a 1/3 Captain deal at NJI.

Be mad at RTS for selling you guys out to keep the peace. Personally I'm suprised at the Captain deal.

I guess RTS truely does believe it's one big company if a NJA guy can bid over to the Gulfstream.

I'd be pissed to if my upgrade got pushed back a bunch of years.

I welcome all those who transition to NJI in the future. Just don't expect to cut in line ahead of us who have been working our way up the ladder the old fashioned way.

You shouldn't play in the sewer, the stink might rub off on you.
You should of known you were going to work at an outfit that was created to circumvent a unionized group of pilots.
I'll bet you closed your eyes to that fact as you stepped over every NJA pilot to grab that first rung of the ladder.
Overwhelming majority of folks here at NJA bet their jobs to make things better for everyone, including yourself.
I can understand you're upset, you got sold out to make peace.
It appears you've enjoyed being a member of the Bubba-team
(aka NJI A-team) too long.

Gunfyter is right, its gotta be a fair integration, junior guys at NJI are gonna have to suck it up.

jppt2000 said:
I welcome all those who transition to NJI in the future. Just don't expect to cut in line ahead of us who have been working our way up the ladder the old fashioned way.

You shouldn't play in the sewer, the stink might rub off on you.
You should of known you were going to work at an outfit that was created to circumvent a unionized group of pilots.
I'll bet you closed your eyes to that fact as you stepped over every NJA pilot to grab that first rung of the ladder.
Overwhelming majority of folks here at NJA bet their jobs to make things better for everyone, including yourself.
I can understand you're upset, you got sold out to make peace.
It appears you've enjoyed being a member of the Bubba-team
(aka NJI A-team) too long.

Gunfyter is right, its gotta be a fair integration, junior guys at NJI are gonna have to suck it up.

What are you talking about MAN. I did not go to work for NJA BECAUSE THEY DID NOT PAY ANYTHING. I did not want to fly Copilot on a single pilot airplane. Yea, I flew a Citation V around by myself and there was no one to eat dinner with. My pax were always 4 hours late or would not show up at all. "So I told the man to stick it" (LOL) I did not leap over anyone. I kinda of figured NJA was not were I wanted to be.

I do agree with GunFyter. We do need to get along.

So is this how you think, Please correct me if I am wrong.
1) My Job Stinks.
2) I can't get another job? (911 affected myself also)
3) But I been here this long.
4) Lets mess with the Gulfstream Guys. (That don't just hire anyone)

ce750drvr said:
Or I do it and tip myself five bucks. What does it matter? It got done, right?

You have integrity issues. Your rationalization for stealing from the company is gutless. If you were my employee, I’d fire you for fraud and most likely file criminal charges. I’d love to hear what the judge tells you when your defense is:

“But your honor, Granny told me it was OK”.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back