indy recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xwind said:
would you accept a recall at indy or stay at current regional as a senior fo with less than 4 months to upgrade. i just want some opinions, thanks

Somebody this dumb should not be flying real airplanes.

xwind said:
i don't give two fcuks about my grammer

Yes, we can see that.

Why???...because your lickin' yer chops to get in the right seat of an RJ? "$#!t or get off the pot" ???? You can have my right seat...knowing how things are going, you'll be furloughed the day you start ground school. Maybe you should quit your FA job and build your flight time up...

House,

You can take your bitter pill and your right seat and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. If I were looking to get into the right seat of an RJ I could have been out of here long ago. I'm looking for the right job, not the first "right seat" that gets shoved under my nose. When and where I decide to go is none of your business, nor do I really care about your opinion. As things look right now, I will probably be long gone from Indy before they start hiring again. I was just attempting to pass along some current information that I have come across. So you can take your attitude and shove it. I don't really care.

PS Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

My first post on this board but for what it's worth here goes. On Wednesday when Dan Spaghettios called me to confirm my bypass fax I asked how many were being recalled. He told me "less than thirty". I hope that Indy makes it (cuz I got lots of their stock) but for now I'm a Lear 35 Captain at a 135 outfit in my hometown. I could'nt afford the pay cut and add a commute to boot.

'Live to ride, Ride to Live.'

Truckdriver said:
CLE 8/21/2000 #1329
IAH 12/4/2000 #1470
EWR 2/5/2001 #1579

The upgrade at AirTran is 2 years faster than XJ? Hard to believe. Our most recent CA upgrade was hired 1/30/03.

Sheesh! I guess they did me a favor in '99. Maybe I ought to send them a "thank you".

Last edited:
GoJetPilot said:
Come on over to Go Jets.....We are hiring a lot of professional pilots

QOL will be a lot better than all the other mickey mouse regionals

Go Jets? Yeah right, begging for United scraps.....Nice Pay scale.....

Indy319FA said:
House,

You can take your bitter pill and your right seat and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. If I were looking to get into the right seat of an RJ I could have been out of here long ago. I'm looking for the right job, not the first "right seat" that gets shoved under my nose. When and where I decide to go is none of your business, nor do I really care about your opinion. As things look right now, I will probably be long gone from Indy before they start hiring again. I was just attempting to pass along some current information that I have come across. So you can take your attitude and shove it. I don't really care.

PS Do the letters FO mean anything to you?

There's only ONE number that you need to look at, and that's the financial quarter profit numbers. That's the reason why there's a high attrition rate...people have families and house payments to make...

I called you out because your runnin' yer mouth like Kit Darby..."tough decisions"? Hardly...

Ty Webb said:
The upgrade at AirTran is 2 years faster than XJ? Hard to believe. Our most recent CA upgrade was hired 1/30/03.

Sheesh! I guess they did me a favor in '99. Maybe I ought to send them a "thank you". Poetic justice, I guess.

FCHARTER!!!

Don't forget to mention the unqualified chick Dressler hired instead of you. Wow that's definetly a flashback. Ty sure holds a grudge eventhough he won the lottery with his timing of getting on with Citrus.

Sometimes you make very logical arguements and I often agree with you. Then there are times where you act so arrogant that it reflects poorly on your character. This is definetly the latter.

The way you thumb your nose here is not much different from an arrogant Delta pilot in early 2001 belittling you for going to work for a bottom feeder that used to be named Value Jet.

Last edited:
inthewind said:
My first post on this board but for what it's worth here goes. On Wednesday when Dan Spaghettios called me to confirm my bypass fax I asked how many were being recalled. He told me "less than thirty". I hope that Indy makes it (cuz I got lots of their stock) but for now I'm a Lear 35 Captain at a 135 outfit in my hometown. I could'nt afford the pay cut and add a commute to boot.

'Live to ride, Ride to Live.'

That you, wild?

Ty Webb said:

Sheesh! I guess they did me a favor in '99. Maybe I ought to send them a "thank you".

Ty,

Rather than post some sarcastic comment extoling on the virtues of your good fortune, perhaps you should look a little deeper into the situation. Right after 9/11 CAL sent roughly 450 mainline pilots back to XJT and virtually all were instant captains on the RJ, thus displacing hundreds of XJT captains and furloughing hundreds of XJT FO's. Had that action never happened, the 1 to 2 year upgrades that were normal shortly before 9/11 would have continued for quite some time. I upgraded in 1 year on the E-120 and due to 9/11, all of the props were retired (lost my CA seat) and it took 3 more years for me to upgrade to Captain on the RJ...5 years in total. Those 2001 hires that are no upgrading were actually furloughed for almost 2 years. Most are on 2nd or barely 3rd year pay despite having 2001 DOH's.

Sorry for the harsh start but in my view it was a measured response. By the way, unless you were interviewed in 11/99 to 12/99, you never would have lost your captain seat and you would have upgraded on a prop in a year and the jet in 1.5 years.

-Neal

Last edited:
Rather than post some sarcastic comment extoling on the virtues of your good fortune, perhaps you should look a little deeper into the situation.

Well, Neal, the way I see it, they didn't look very deeply at me when they put me and 20 other people through the "cattle call" . . . . that was two days of my life and a couple hundred bucks I'll never get back.

I was especially disgusted by the the whole "come back after lunch, but don't tell anyone" aspect of it. . . . . So, I have no love lost for XJT.

I am, however, sorry to hear about how it affected you personally. That sounds like pretty tough time. Glad to hear things are better.

Latest resources

Back