indy recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Replace Indy with Midway, Dulles with RDU and Airbus with Boeing. The question is.... who is Indy going to do feeder service for?:D

Thank you for flying ( insert your favorite mainline feeder name) operated by Indepedence Air!

(disgruntled senior Indy Air pilot; 'yeah I flew the Airbus once')

I haven't read anywhere on this board where anybody asked you either way. So if you don't mind, shut it.

AZT

AZ Typed said:
I haven't read anywhere on this board where anybody asked you either way. So if you don't mind, shut it.

AZT

A bit sensitive? You'll get over it....... in time. We all have.

I am bypassing...If you are already at Comair stay.............or ASA ....or Pinnacle....or Chatsquate......my opinion.
If you weren't current I would take the recall, but otherwise....

Supposedly they are saying we are going to recall 50 for attrition and they only expect 10% of those on furlough to return. Rumor mill says another 50 will be recalled in August or September because we will be sending 40 FOs and 40 CAs to training for the 8 Airbuses that will arrive during the 1Q of 2006 ( 2 in Dec, 2 in Jan, 2 in Feb, 2 in Mar). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the 10% figure holds they will have to go through the entire list to get the first 50, and even those that bypass will have to "sh!t or get off the pot" (as somebody stated earlier) by September.

Unfortunately we won't really have an idea if Indy is going to make it until after the 3Q figures are released, which will likely be after the second 50 are recalled. BB was in the crew room last week and said we did not meet the cash requirements in June for GE to prevent them from taking 8 more CRJs, so these will likely be leaving the fleet in November (basically its up to GE to decide to take them and the company expects them to). So after this we will have a fleet mix of 20 319s and 50 CRJs by March 2006.

KS and the boys in the crystal palace are saying we are close to breakeven and will be profitable early next year. This is hard to believe with the price of oil right now. Supposedly we will have 50 million in cash by December.

We are short on CAs, FOs, and FAs. People are leaving in droves for jetBlue, Air Tran, and Southwest. Pilots are also going to FedEx, UPS, corporate, fractionals, and other freight companies. Right now we are losing 1 pilot a day (or 30 a month). We lost 60 FAs in May when TOWOP expired.

You folks on furlough are going to have a tough decision sometime in the fall. Hope to see you back at Indy, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
It is not going to be long for Indy to put the "For Sale" sign up. Or start raising the base fares above 29 o/w. Anyways they are slowly becoming the new Wal*Mart of the skies, slowly following behind WN. KS should never left the fee for departure world to go on his own. I worked at ACA for almost 5 years and actually enjoyed leaving the company.

Indy319FA said:
Supposedly they are saying we are going to recall 50 for attrition and they only expect 10% of those on furlough to return. Rumor mill says another 50 will be recalled in August or September because we will be sending 40 FOs and 40 CAs to training for the 8 Airbuses that will arrive during the 1Q of 2006 ( 2 in Dec, 2 in Jan, 2 in Feb, 2 in Mar). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the 10% figure holds they will have to go through the entire list to get the first 50, and even those that bypass will have to "sh!t or get off the pot" (as somebody stated earlier) by September.

Unfortunately we won't really have an idea if Indy is going to make it until after the 3Q figures are released, which will likely be after the second 50 are recalled. BB was in the crew room last week and said we did not meet the cash requirements in June for GE to prevent them from taking 8 more CRJs, so these will likely be leaving the fleet in November (basically its up to GE to decide to take them and the company expects them to). So after this we will have a fleet mix of 20 319s and 50 CRJs by March 2006.

KS and the boys in the crystal palace are saying we are close to breakeven and will be profitable early next year. This is hard to believe with the price of oil right now. Supposedly we will have 50 million in cash by December.

We are short on CAs, FOs, and FAs. People are leaving in droves for jetBlue, Air Tran, and Southwest. Pilots are also going to FedEx, UPS, corporate, fractionals, and other freight companies. Right now we are losing 1 pilot a day (or 30 a month). We lost 60 FAs in May when TOWOP expired.

You folks on furlough are going to have a tough decision sometime in the fall. Hope to see you back at Indy, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why???...because your lickin' yer chops to get in the right seat of an RJ? "$#!t or get off the pot" ???? You can have my right seat...knowing how things are going, you'll be furloughed the day you start ground school. Maybe you should quit your FA job and build your flight time up...

Last edited:
Many FO's (anyone without the requisite wad of turbine PIC) now have crappy right seat jobs at companies with **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty contracts, or even if at good companies, perhaps no chance of an upgrade until hell freezes over (though things change fast for better or for worse- see my comment below). In that sense, getting an instant, huge pay raise the first day of refresher training, even if it means another furlough soon, isn't that draconian. It certainly seems *very* possible that Indy will fail with these oil prices, but this is the airline industry, and you never, ever, really know what the situation will be a year from now for the company if the alternative is rotting in another right seat at $20K a year.

It is a fairly easy decision...either you take it or you don't....If I needed jet currency I would take it....If it works, then someday you might be flying an Airbus if not then back to unemployment.............

Come on over to Go Jets.....We are hiring a lot of professional pilots

QOL will be a lot better than all the other mickey mouse regionals

Latest resources

Back