Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Industry Sellouts flying Allegiant Metal while they're in Negotiations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me add some clarity here.

Jetblue markets to retired usairways and retired jetblue pilots that are typed and current. They pay a paltry $500 a day to move 170k lb airplanes empty around our system and to and from heavy maintenance. We typically use reserve fo's for this as well as they are essentially free labor.

There are approximately 35 of these pilots. They are over 65 obviously only fly empty repos

They need to be removed immediately from our cockpits

So you're saying that seniority list reserve FOs are being forced to fly trips with non-seniority list contractors acting as PIC? If so, that is seriously messed up, and needs to stop.

I know that NWA used to use retired pilots to fly their DC-9's to maintenance facilities. I know one of them, he finally gave it up when he turned 75. Many times these airplanes were not airworthy and were being moved on a ferry permits with limitations like Day VFR, below 10,000' and 200 Kts max speed. The guy I knew said he would sit in BWG for a day or so waiting for the wx to improve so he could get the airplane to Birmingham. He said he was crazy for flying this junk, but he really like to fly the DC-9. I understand fully. It that something a line holding pilot would like to do?.:laugh:

Flew a CV580 occasionally with a then current Northwest Captain. Had gotten approval from the Chief Pilot, IIRC, in order to do it.

It that something a line holding pilot would like to do?.:laugh:

These are fully operational aircraft being repoed to or from maintenance bases, often with line FO's, not test flights, maintenance ferries or long range international delivery flights. Just legs without passengers. So you're darn straight this is flying a line holding pilot would like to do.

Agree with blue dude. 110%

Our planes, our pilots. Same for anyone else.

The company needs to staff for all their flying.

Agree with blue dude. 110%

Our planes, our pilots. Same for anyone else.

The company needs to staff for all their flying.

100% agreed. Mgmt needs to Hire & upgrade enough f*cking pilots! I'm sure they're getting "max productivity" out of each of you anyway..why not hire/upgrade a few more and do same to them? This trend of stepping over a $10 bill to pick up a penny bullsh*t is just unbelievable, and seems to be especially practiced at the "lower-tier" carriers in the biz (and yes--I do include my own VX in that group).

A buddy over at Alaska tells me that they are canceling flights routinely due to pilot shortage. He says rsvs are often timing-out and they must often offer 200%+ premium pay to cover. Incredible. Especially for a profitable place like AS. I just don't get it.

With such a ********************ty contract, why not go to another airline?

Because, your average white boy with 5-15 thousand hours is a dime a dozen...

Contrary to popular belief, every airline isn't hiring mass numbers, and for the slots available, the line is long just to be considered.

So to put it another way, your statement is quite over simplified.

Latest resources

Back