Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Industry Sellouts flying Allegiant Metal while they're in Negotiations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because, your average white boy with 5-15 thousand hours is a dime a dozen... .
yes, maybe right now, but all airlines have the same 10K resumes on file and as they skim off the same astronaut candidates they will be forced to redefine competitive minimums. It is happening on our end of the business, much like the late 90's where I saw a guy from the left seat of the DA-20 to UAL without a college degree. At that time out turnover was running about 50% per year at our place with guys going to DAL, NWA, USAir, not to mention lower level airlines like Spirit, SWA, JB and AT in droves. Those time are coming again.

yes, maybe right now, but all airlines have the same 10K resumes on file and as they skim off the same astronaut candidates they will be forced to redefine competitive minimums. It is happening on our end of the business, much like the late 90's where I saw a guy from the left seat of the DA-20 to UAL without a college degree. At that time out turnover was running about 50% per year at our place with guys going to DAL, NWA, USAir, not to mention lower level airlines like Spirit, SWA, JB and AT in droves. Those time are coming again.

And how. It's coming, just not here quite yet.

Unfortunately, with the shrinking of the regional fleets, I see no shortage in sight anytime soon. Yes there will be movement. But nowhere near a shortage level, especialy at the major level. Even the "B" level majors like virgin, JetBlue and allegiant won't ever have a shortage of resumes to screen.

Buddy down in Florida said he heard contract guys getting a violation over frequency... Any info? Serves them right!

Unfortunately, with the shrinking of the regional fleets, I see no shortage in sight anytime soon. Yes there will be movement. But nowhere near a shortage level, especialy at the major level. Even the "B" level majors like virgin, JetBlue and allegiant won't ever have a shortage of resumes to screen.

I think we'll be surprised. Once the hiring really picks up at the legacy's the regionals will have to stop flying a large number of their routes due to lack of pilots. Someone will have to fly those routes, however, so that means the majors will have to hire even more pilots than they'd planned in order to fly those routes. Other airlines like Allegiant and Spirit will also have to hire more because they'll want to pick up some of the routes the regionals abandon, but they'll have difficulty getting the pilots unless they increase pay and improve work rules.

Man, I'd love to agree with you. But, certification of new pilots has returned to a normal level. The big three are hiring at a snails pace and controlling capacity well. The only llc that is growing quickly is spirit.

I just don't see it happening.

Word on the street is that two current jetblue pilots were just suspended without pay for 6 months.

They were offered $1000 a day plus expenses. Someone in TSA did some digging when something didnt look right when plain clothes guys showed up at gate to fly the plane. He sniffed around and asked some questions. Somehow he realized they were pilots for jetblue on their day off moving a plane for a contractor and made a phone call just to jb verify their story.

Management then caught wind of it and it got legs from there.

I guess the issue is not that typed and current pilots were flying a plane part 91 but that jb prohibits commercial flying unless you have written permission from the vp of flight ops

Wow,

If that is true. That's a pretty crappy thing to do. Especially while going through your own negotiating process your self. I don't like to see bad things happen to people. But, in this instance it may be more of "karma is a bitch".

Latest resources

Back