Industry 70 seat rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
I will sure bring up all these points in the P2P call tonight cause I don't understand everything either.

By the way, what did you learn from the P2P call?

JoeMerchant said:
Go Around,
4 years ago, I advocated taking CMR payrates plus 1% and their B fund and moving on..

You did? How come no one remembers you stating that? Where be your proof ?

ASARJMan said:

Just look up the rjdc party line....They'll tell you everything and anything you want to hear! They're REALLY good at spinning the truth!

hmmurdock said:
Interesting comparison, however you forgot to add in Horizon's 70 seat payrate. If you are going to look at the 70 seat averages then include ALL of the 70 seat payrates. I find it amusing that people dont include Horizon's payrates. Is it because you think they make too much?

Horizon is a pre 9/11 not a post in a very limited market. According to http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/horizon-air-2005030572.htm
the upgrade time it 7 years and there are only 19 crj 700 so sure the rate may be higher but better to look at the fo dash 8 rate. I sure don't want to spend 7 years as a fo to have rate on the 700 that I will never fly. Remember 10% raise to a fo is 4 dollars an hour left seat is 20 and you start working on the time to go some place where you will be able to make good money.

ASARJMan said:

JB doesn't need proof. He makes whatever statements he desires to fill his revisionist history lessons he post at will with no accountability. When he and his woman friend were on the negotiating team in '98' they couldn't get along with the MEC leadership because the two of them were hell bent giving in to the company in order to gain favor with management. They had to be kept under direct supervision. There zeal to give back what they were sent to negotiate resulted in a Chief Pilot position as a reward for his woman friends selling out. The company didn't offer him a position because even ASA management has a minimum standard. The two of them have been carrying the company's water now for a few years. They did manage to bring back a pay for training reimbursement that assisted J Boy in getting his "pay for training money" back even though they were never authorized by the MEC to negotiate that. They are a team of TWO. They will always do what’s in their own best interest and can't be trusted. JB is a blamer. He will always find someone who is responsible for his misery.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeMerchant said:
By the way, what did you learn from the P2P call?

I have stated some of it already, but I'll repost what I remember cause I don't have my notes.

1. The company was the one who walked away from the table after they threatened that it would come to a strike because they will not come up any more on the pay rates. The whole time the CNC had been coming down off our proposal. They left the table with the CNC's last counter proposals in their hands and the mediator recessed negotiations till the gap can be closed. It is obvious that it is the companies turn to close the gap.

2. The strike ballot is coming out in the coming weeks because of the threat made by the company negotiators. The CNC was taken aback at this threat because of the progress that had been made and they were looking forward to finishing.

3. The Wilson numbers are stronger than ever on support for the MEC, CNC and strike.

4. Uncle Jerry is unhappy with ASA managment for not getting the contract done.

GO AROUND said:
I have stated some of it already, but I'll repost what I remember cause I don't have my notes.

1. The company was the one who walked away from the table after they threatened that it would come to a strike because they will not come up any more on the pay rates. The whole time the CNC had been coming down off our proposal. They left the table with the CNC's last counter proposals in their hands and the mediator recessed negotiations till the gap can be closed. It is obvious that it is the companies turn to close the gap.

2. The strike ballot is coming out in the coming weeks because of the threat made by the company negotiators. The CNC was taken aback at this threat because of the progress that had been made and they were looking forward to finishing.

3. The Wilson numbers are stronger than ever on support for the MEC, CNC and strike.

4. Uncle Jerry is unhappy with ASA managment for not getting the contract done.

1. That may or may not be exactly true. I'm not calling you liar, I know you are putting out what ALPA is saying. I would like to get the story from the other side also and decide which one is closer to the truth. My advice to those of you on the sidelines is to listen to ALPA's positions and then listen to managements take on events. Then make up your own minds. Sometimes both sides have the same take, and sometimes they don't agree with each other. If they aren't the same story, one side is either lying, or both sides are fibbing with the truth being somewhere in the middle. For the record, I've seen lies come from BOTH sides at various times.

2. While I will be voting NO, I agree that it is time to get this over with. I also agree that it will pass, but it won't be the 98/98 we had in 1997.

3. I'm sure that is true, but ALPA has convinced many people that this is entirely managements fault. That is a stretch of the truth to say the least. Again, I don't believe it is strong as it was in 1997. I voted Yes in '97 and will be voting No this time.

4. If what you say here is true, then the contract will get settled if ALPA is reasonable in it's demands.

737 Pylt said:
I'm amazed that you really believe the rjdc is responsible, except for further dividing the pilot groups! I guess you believe the rjdc invented the wheel too??

How goes the spending spree??
We all know that the rjdc's membership is filled with the "undesirables" of aviation....No college degree, DUI's, violations. That's why you sought the monetary claims. You wanted something you didn't deserve, and thought the lawsuit was your claim to money!
The rjdc has made you and the likes of Dan Ford famous in this industry. Who else can you say has a name in this industry so negative besides the likes of Carl Ichan or Frank Lorenzo. The only difference was they were management scum, you guys are just scum!

So not having a college degree makes you "undesirable"? Some of the best pilot's I know don't have a college degree and some of the worst I know do.

Latest resources

Back