• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Industry 70 seat rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:mad:Joe, it is getting OLD how you say that it is ALWAYS ALPA'S fault!! The strike ballot will pass by atleast 97% if not higher. People are SICK of this CRAP! We are tired of seeing the huge profits the company is making, the mgmnt idiots rolling in the bonuses and the employee's paying for it. NOW is the time to MAKE a STAND!!!! Once we get a new contract with better pay rates, you will be very happy I'm SURE!!

This mgmnt has NEVER told us the truth! They constantly lie to us and try to tell us how BAD things are....RIIIIIIGHT! They have NEVER made an attempt to do ANYTHING for our pilot group. Everyone is SICK and TIRED of totting the line when they do NOTHING! Well, it is time to PAY THE PIPER!

YES on the STRIKE VOTE for ME!!!

Beergut said:
So not having a college degree makes you "undesirable"? Some of the best pilot's I know don't have a college degree and some of the worst I know do.

ok, let's see which one are you....

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: Cessna,Piper, Beech, Grumman, EMB,CRJ
Ratings: ATP
Total Time: 10k +

MY bet say's you're chuck/Einstein/Limp Lizard/Boris Yelling under another name.
You sure stay creative!

I would like to get the story from the other side also and decide which one is closer to the truth.
2. While I will be voting NO, I agree that it is time to get this over with.
It sounds like you have already decided which one is closer to the truth.

My advice to those of you on the sidelines is to listen to ALPA's positions and then listen to managements take on events.
Why wouldn't you listen to your own union? They are there for the sole reason to progress your interests. It's not like this is coming from ALPA national, this is your own people telling you this, do you think they don't have your interests in mind? The company has it's own interests in mind. If you were playing poker, would you ask your opponent what you should do? Of course not, because he would have his interest in mind, which are the exact opposite of yours.

Last edited:
That's my major problem with almost all airlines. The fact that pilot's and managments look at each other as advisaries, opponents, etc.... Even SKW has a growing majority of their pilots that didn't used to feel that way that now do.

Jerry was asked point blank at the road show that I attended, what happened to the 70 seat rate the SKW pilots still hadn't recieved and did he think that he was sitting on a bomb by not addressing it?

His answer was to dodge and deflect the answer by saying that the SKW pilots wanted to be the highest paid 50 seat pilots and they are. If the pilots want to GIVE back some of the 50 seat rate then they could talk. Never answering the question cause he knew he was wrong.

I lost all trust in ASA managment years ago and after meeting and listening to Jerry, I don't trust him yet either. He thinks of pilots as advesaries just like all other managment.

Tomct said:
:mad:Joe, it is getting OLD how you say that it is ALWAYS ALPA'S fault!!

ALPA has failed to keep control of the flying within a brand. This has led to a bidding process that precludes effective collective bargaining. You cannot have COLLECTIVE bargaining without the COLLECTIVE part. To be fair, it isn't ALL ALPA's fault. The deregulation act of 1978 has a great deal to do with it, combined with 911, the internet, Walmartization, excessive govt. taxation, rapidly rising health care costs and escalating fuel prices.

Tomct said:
The strike ballot will pass by atleast 97% if not higher. People are SICK of this CRAP! We are tired of seeing the huge profits the company is making, the mgmnt idiots rolling in the bonuses and the employee's paying for it. NOW is the time to MAKE a STAND!!!! Once we get a new contract with better pay rates, you will be very happy I'm SURE!!

I think it will be less than 97%, but will still pass. Probably around 90%. It doesn't really matter, because there will be no strike either way. As far as "huge profits", can you tell me ASA's net profit margin today vs. 1998, and can you compare SKYWs net profit margins year over year for the past year. I believe you will see that the fundamentals have deteriorated over time. The term "record profits" has been used improperly by many people.

Tomct said:
This mgmnt has NEVER told us the truth! They constantly lie to us and try to tell us how BAD things are....RIIIIIIGHT! They have NEVER made an attempt to do ANYTHING for our pilot group. Everyone is SICK and TIRED of totting the line when they do NOTHING! Well, it is time to PAY THE PIPER!

If you are talking about the past 6-8 months, I believe your are wrong. I would even say that in the past 6-8 months management has been more honest than ALPA. Prior to that you would be right at times.

Last edited:
mavdog said:
Frontier yes, but on the Alaska side you are wrong. Alaska and Horizon are sister companies within the same holding company. If Alaska went shopping outside the group, it would only kill it's own stock price. Oh, and Alaska Airlines does not tell Horizon where to fly.

How long have you been in this industry? You're just kidding, right.

1. Why are there American Connection airplanes AND American Eagle airplanes?

2. How in the world did Skywest get any Delta flying at all when Dela at the time owned not one but TWO regionals?

3. Why would Continental select Gulfstream Airlines to operate as Continental Connection when they had Contiental Express at the time.

Answers: (Don't Cheat)
1. TSA has a cheaper operation than American Eagle does.
2. Skywest had cheaper operations than ComAir and ASA
3. Gulfstream Airlines has operates cheap compared to Continental Express.

If you think these airlines give a damn about who flies their routes...you are sadly mistaken. They run a spreadsheet, whichever scenario is more profitable to them...they do it. Keeping things in house helps the top line (revenue) but does no better on the bottom line than outsourcing does. Investors care far more about the bottom line than the top line.

Later,

Tomct said:
This mgmnt has NEVER told us the truth! They constantly lie to us and try to tell us how BAD things are....RIIIIIIGHT! They have NEVER made an attempt to do ANYTHING for our pilot group.

But everything ALPA says is the absolute truth right? Can you honestly say that NOTHING has gotten better since SKYW bought us? Think for yourself now, don't look around for what the official ALPA answer is.

:rolleyes:Hmmmmmm, lets see! They are taking 13 of our airplanes, closing our SLC base and threatening us with loss of aircraft and flying if we don't take a paycut, even though we are making HUUUUUGE Profits. Yeah, I can honestly say that not much has gotten better! Nice try though.

:rolleyes:Joe, I guess you will find out just how PI$$ED OFF this pilot group really is when the vote actually comes out! My money is on 97% or higher!

How exactly has ALPA lied to us the last 6-8 months. Everytime they do something, I am being notified via email exactly what went on in the meeting, providing that it has not been deemed SEALED!! The company on the other hand would have you believe that it is all ALPA's fault and noone else's. The company line has never changed from...."The Pilots are a problem, NOT an asset!" That is one of many of the major shortfalls of this whole company. Another example, BL's letter that the 5 70's that went to skwst was due to the fact that our cost's were to high. And yet, those aircraft were slated to go to skwst for over a year. It was just another attempt by dumb@ss BL to try and screw us instead of telling the truth. Yeah....they have not lied at all, have they?:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back