Industry 70 seat rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
Sorry JB, I'm not the one filing a lawsuit! Maybe you should get your head out of Dan's butt! He's leading you down a path that the likes of the Easter scabs!

Actually we have an Eastern scab as a committee chairman here at ASA. The former CAL MEC Chairman was an Eastern scab. You are the ALPA true believer, not me. How has ALPA come thru for the junior Delta pilots? Keep believing in ALPA - it will get you nowhere........

JoeMerchant said:
Yes you can. At Mesaba, you make money if NWA pays your expenses plus. If they don't, you don't make money.
So, I guess you missed my point... who pays Horizon fee+ so that they can make money like they are??

JoeMerchant said:
Actually we have an Eastern scab as a committee chairman here at ASA. The former CAL MEC Chairman was an Eastern scab. You are the ALPA true believer, not me. How has ALPA come thru for the junior Delta pilots? Keep believing in ALPA - it will get you nowhere........

The junior DL pilots until this day keep recieving Cobra benefits.. What did CMR do during their furloughs?? Did you and your rjdc pals help them with any benefits?? Keep believing in the rjdc, (according to Dan) you will all be millionares and flying 777's!

mavdog said:
So, I guess you missed my point... who pays Horizon fee+ so that they can make money like they are??

Alaska and Frontier do. If they decide in the future that they are paying too much, they will shop around for "cheaper feed". We are all competing in a free market "bidding war". Like it or not, how can some continue to defend ALPA in allowing this "bidding war" to continue. Either stop the "bidding war" or bid competitively - those are the two options.

737 Pylt said:
The junior DL pilots until this day keep recieving Cobra benefits.. What did CMR do during their furloughs?? Did you and your rjdc pals help them with any benefits?? Keep believing in the rjdc, (according to Dan) you will all be millionares and flying 777's!

If ALPA was doing their job, those pilots wouldn't be fuloughed at all. ALPA sold their jobs plain and simple. We won't be millionairs and we won't fly 777s - and you won't be protected by ALPA. I will do what is best for me - regardless of how it affects you.

JoeMerchant said:
Alaska and Frontier do. If they decide in the future that they are paying too much, they will shop around for "cheaper feed". We are all competing in a free market "bidding war". Like it or not, how can some continue to defend ALPA in allowing this "bidding war" to continue. Either stop the "bidding war" or bid competitively - those are the two options.
Frontier yes, but on the Alaska side you are wrong. Alaska and Horizon are sister companies within the same holding company. If Alaska went shopping outside the group, it would only kill it's own stock price. Oh, and Alaska Airlines does not tell Horizon where to fly.

JoeMerchant said:
If ALPA was doing their job, those pilots wouldn't be fuloughed at all.
Oh really....I guess we should have hired your lawyer!! What else could the DMEC have done? They filed the grievance, and LOST.

ALPA sold their jobs plain and simple.

At what price? About $2,000,000,000 per pilot and no less than $100,000,000,000 punitive....Woops wrong one!

We won't be millionairs and we won't fly 777s -
You're right, you and Dan have sealed your future! You better pray Skywest doesn't dissolve your company. Your fight will be with your Skywest brothers. You better hurry up and tell Haber you've got a new suit for him. And tell all those supporters to keep sending in their money!

and you won't be protected by ALPA.
Remember that the next time you bust an altitude or a hold short line. Call Haber to defend you.. After all, he's done such a great job already!

I will do what is best for me - regardless of how it affects you.
Well there's one point we can agree on!

I'll ask you again, what did your group (the rjdc) do for your furloughed brothers at CMR when they were on furlough??

Last edited:
mavdog said:
Frontier yes, but on the Alaska side you are wrong. Alaska and Horizon are sister companies within the same holding company. If Alaska went shopping outside the group, it would only kill it's own stock price. Oh, and Alaska Airlines does not tell Horizon where to fly.

CMR, ASA, PDT, and ALG where/are wholly owned subsidiaries just as Horizon is. This didn't stop Delta and USAir from shopping around for a better price now did it?

JoeMerchant said:
CMR, ASA, PDT, and ALG where/are wholly owned subsidiaries just as Horizon is. This didn't stop Delta and USAir from shopping around for a better price now did it?
Enough said... I'll try to say it again... slowly this time: Alaska Airlines does not pay Horizon Air for feed. Oh wait, I think they actually do in ANC... my bad.

mavdog said:
Enough said... I'll try to say it again... slowly this time: Alaska Airlines does not pay Horizon Air for feed. Oh wait, I think they actually do in ANC... my bad.

Delta paid CMR and ASA as wholly owned subsidiaries. USAir paid ALG and PDT as wholly owned subsidiaries. How does Horizon get paid? Who pays them? I don't know for sure, but I would bet it is a fee-for departure scheme paid by Alaska. If you know for sure, I would be interested in finding out.

Latest resources

Back