• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

India is DESPERATE!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i never said people don't try hard enough and i certainly don't consider myself lucky. i sepnt 3 years as a cfi makeing nothing, i flew jumpers for 5 bucks a load and the first regional i worked for paid 14,000 a year. so don't tell me im arogant. it took 13 uears to get to where i am at and it is only because i knew what i wanted. i knew i needed pic jet when i was at pdt and all the rgionals were getting rj's, i was just smart enough not by a car, house, boat etc and shack up with a FA while at a regional. I am no diff. then anybody here. evrybody complains about low pay crappy working conditions etc. at the regionals, the regionals are there for one thing and one thing only to give you experiance to move on. when i was at pdt we tried to fight, i picked up no ot, did nothing extra and it still didn't help so i realized what role the regional airline plays and just delat with it. Its not that hard trust me. everyone i started with got a job ata major, legacy, whatever you wan't to call it. If you wan't it baddly it will happen. if you complain about it you will get noware nothing.
Thanks for making my point.

Your intentions may be as noble as you say, but your delivery comes across EXCESSIVELY conceited for the THOUSANDS of pilots who have been busting their a*s for DECADES and still haven't gotten where you are.

I could care less about being in your shoes; I've been here a year and love it. Providing our contract comes up with the requisite $$$, I have no intentions of going anywhere else.

But if you really think it's your skill and determination that have gotten you this far with absolutely NO luck or help from contacts/references, then you really are hopelessly out of touch with reality.

Dude,
He was probably comparing the industry to pre-9/11. We, FDX/SWA/UPS are on the top of the world now because of default only. You probably don't remember, but few wanted to work at the above three before 9/11.

I sought the financial stability and greater growth projections that the cargo side offered in the early 90's. Many pilot applicants to UAL (as an example) utterly FAILED to do any financial research whatsoever and falsely assumed because UAL was hiring, they must be healthy. The ESOP was a result of Wall St. DECLINING to invest money into their operation. Turning to their employees for what was essentially a bailout was their last resort before massive layoffs and major downsizing. A cursory financial review of UAL in the early 90's revealed a financial nightmare. Many correctly attributed their mid 90's turnaround to a favorable business climate in which "dot-commers" were happily willing to pay outrageous $ multi-thousand walk-up fares to close deals on short notice versus UAL's incredibly insightful (ESOP) management plan. Their "Achilles Heel" was their dependance on these high-priced business fares for their financial survival.

I CHOSE UPS over UAL due to their business model and financial strength. Comparing contracts alone is, IMO, NOT doing your homework if a long, financially stable career is your objective.

YMMV,

BBB

They learn how to use TP over there and maybe more folks would be willing to relocate to work there.

I wouldn't shake any body's hand in that country!

FJ

Thanks for making my point.

Your intentions may be as noble as you say, but your delivery comes across EXCESSIVELY conceited for the THOUSANDS of pilots who have been busting their a*s for DECADES and still haven't gotten where you are.

I could care less about being in your shoes; I've been here a year and love it. Providing our contract comes up with the requisite $$$, I have no intentions of going anywhere else.

But if you really think it's your skill and determination that have gotten you this far with absolutely NO luck or help from contacts/references, then you really are hopelessly out of touch with reality.

I hope your contract does come up but the guy whi is going to be in class with me that has been at airtran for 3 years and just got the upgrade but still paid for his type to jump ship doesnt seem to agree with you.( that was an intentioned smart as$ comment). Luck, what does luck have to do with it. internal rec`s didn't get me an interview at SW nor did it help me make 8,000 dollars a year while i was a cfi. Did luck help me get here nooooo. if it was luck i would have been that guy that got hired at the first regional he applied too and i would have have been that guy that got hired at the first major they interviewd at. ( i was shot down at Airtran and jetblue- pre 9/11 had i been hired at either one i would be sitting pretty now) so no i don't consider myslef lucky. If you want to blame your succes on luck be my guest! Have a nice life.

I hope your contract does come up but the guy whi is going to be in class with me that has been at airtran for 3 years and just got the upgrade but still paid for his type to jump ship doesnt seem to agree with you.( that was an intentioned smart as$ comment). Luck, what does luck have to do with it. internal rec`s didn't get me an interview at SW nor did it help me make 8,000 dollars a year while i was a cfi. Did luck help me get here nooooo. if it was luck i would have been that guy that got hired at the first regional he applied too and i would have have been that guy that got hired at the first major they interviewd at. ( i was shot down at Airtran and jetblue- pre 9/11 had i been hired at either one i would be sitting pretty now) so no i don't consider myslef lucky. If you want to blame your succes on luck be my guest! Have a nice life.
:rolleyes:

Again, thanks for making my point.

Hope your self-delusion takes you through the rest of your career unscathed. Because luck has nothing to do with it, right?

:rolleyes:

Again, thanks for making my point.

Hope your self-delusion takes you through the rest of your career unscathed. Because luck has nothing to do with it, right?

you are verry welcome. i wonder why you still work because if you are so lucky you should win the lottery. I guess everyone is lucky acording to you including evry ceo that made it to the top, every doctor is ;ucky for finishing medical school. You know what live your life thinking you are lucky and never beeing proud of your own grit and determination. Have a nice life!

Skill and desire

Luck and timing have more to do with your career than skill and desire. Remember the Fedex Captain who got hired two years out of ERAU with 2500 hours, no TJ PIC, was that luck or skill?

Last edited:
Your information is bad. We have lost 15 possibly as many as 70 777 captains who were hired by Jet Airways as 777-300 captains. Pay is 240K can be based anywhere in Europe with positive space passes to and from with good time off etc.

Possible US bases soon.

Not that I doubt you, but according to their website, they have no 777's!

Although I stand corrected:

SEATTLE, Oct. 04, 2005 -- The Boeing Company today confirmed the completion of an order agreement with Mumbai-based Jet Airways for 10 777-300ERs. Jet Airways announced its intention to order the commercial airplanes, valued at $2.53 billion at list prices, at the Paris Air Show in June. Deliveries will begin in early 2007

Last edited:
Not that I doubt you, but according to their website, they have no 777's!

Although I stand corrected:

SEATTLE, Oct. 04, 2005 -- The Boeing Company today confirmed the completion of an order agreement with Mumbai-based Jet Airways for 10 777-300ERs. Jet Airways announced its intention to order the commercial airplanes, valued at $2.53 billion at list prices, at the Paris Air Show in June. Deliveries will begin in early 2007

A few former AA and DAL also on contract now in Japan, there are a few contracts out there that are pretty good and getting better as the international market is booming, but do your homework about the contract agency you choose, there are some new ones that are out there that are not too good (The company might be a good one but choose a contract agency that will give you the logistical support you need)
Good pay and benefits, but like Lear70 said. It will be very hard to get off the Gold Handcuffs and return to a job States Side.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, and I must be prepared to MAKE MY OWN LUCK - Raymond Barry

Believe it or not, you do have control over the direction of your career and life my friend. If you stand there waiting for things to happen, nothing will happen.

AZT

I agree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back