• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran Airways Expands Service From Washington Dulles

Go away. We will crush you like grape.:uzi:

Jet_Driver said:
I know this must be tough as hell on you Fly I guys, but I am glad that the I might be seen no more. The fewer airlines out there prostituting themselves, the better the industry as a whole will be.

I can't remember the movie, or even the exact quote (maybe Armageddon) it was something regarding a question "Aren't you glad we're strapped to a machine going 5 times the speed of sound and the contract to build it went to the lowest bidder."

That is any industry, people will gravitate to the cheapest ride. That isn't necessarily a good thing. How long before safety will be compromised? I won't cry a bit if Fly I disappears.

Let's raise the ticket prices for goodness sake.
Who do YOU "prostitute" yourself for? Do you think it will end with Indy you moron? The industry as a whole is in trouble and it is selfish idiots like you that make me glad I could go back into the military and fly. Over half of airline capacity is in bankruptacy and more kids are still going to Riddle and UND to fly "Jets". They will make 20/hour while YOU get furloughed and YOUR airline files Chapter 11.....why because it is the only way to be competetive. Form airlines like Free*** Air and pay squat....
I am sorry that my friends at UAL, DAL and IDE will suffer, but I will not shed a tear when an idiot like you gets his dues.........

Jet_Driver said:
I know this must be tough as hell on you Fly I guys, but I am glad that the I might be seen no more. The fewer airlines out there prostituting themselves, the better the industry as a whole will be.

(man, and I thought that I was the biggest a-hole on the internet)

Jet_Driver said:

I can't remember the movie, or even the exact quote (maybe Armageddon) it was something regarding a question "Aren't you glad we're strapped to a machine going 5 times the speed of sound and the contract to build it went to the lowest bidder."

That is any industry, people will gravitate to the cheapest ride. That isn't necessarily a good thing. How long before safety will be compromised? I won't cry a bit if Fly I disappears.

Let's raise the ticket prices for goodness sake.
That's busted!

Jet_Driver said:
I can't remember the movie, or even the exact quote...
that's because you are dumbass, Jet_Driver! I hope you work the holidays for straight pay and then get a furlough notice in your mailbox after peak season. Just because you're a dumbass.

Moderator reviewed, a bit harsh, and I've given others some time in the box for calling other members dumbass. With this warning, and the fact that the aforementioned poster probably deserves the berating, I'll let this stand. In the future, if you need to use the term, please do so in the context, "you're acting like a dumbass", or ''your logic is like a dumbass". OK? Don't just call somebody a name, please.

UAL78

Last edited by a moderator:
How childish to wish ill will on us pilots. I guess you are too short sighted to know I had nothing to do with the business decisions made at ACA/I Air. I just merely work here. I do have a family to feed. Towish ill will is no different than wishing death upon somebody. How sick and disgusting. I am getting furloughed from Indy Air at the end of the month. I have sent out resumes and heard nothing. I will have to explain to my children I will be unable to give presents this year. I will probably be forced to sell my house. And possibly more hard times lie ahead. Many of us live paycheck to paycheck while mgt packs thier golden parachutes. So, when you, with diarrhea of the mouth wish us to fail, think about the many employees who can't celebrate the holidays this year due to being furloughed. Think about our families. Flying is al I know how to do and I have no intnent of learning to do anything else. I would not be happy doing anything else. We are not prostitutes or cheap labor. We merely work here as mgt makes (Ill fated decisions.) If you want to wish Ill will, wish it upon our upper mgt who has taken this company with $380 Million in the bank and 17 months bankrupted it to the point we'll be gone shortly after Jan 1st.

C'mon guys..... the sooner FLYI goes tango uniform the sooner everyone can get on with thier lives...

FLYI is like a bad relationship... everyone is hoping you'll break up with the b1tch, but at the same time we are all being "nice" by not saying it to your face...

I've been thru my BK airlines.... The sooner the better. FLYI is not the only place to make money in this country. Get over yourself...

BTW..did you really wantt o put your families dependnece in Tom and Kerry's hands....

right. flyi is to blame for your pathetic careers. not the mesas, shuttles, chautauquas, republics, trans states, and *************************s (did i forget anybody?) that immediately swarmed in at united's behest to try to kill them off. convenient to forget that ACA was actually there first with the airplanes, gates, and capacity. united and others replaced, matched, and sometimes undercut flyi on every market, just so they wouldn't lose any of that precious market share. all you bums participating in this bloodbath then somehow turn around and point the finger at aca/flyi for causing the problem? perhaps you should compare paychecks and contracts with any flyi pilot before making such a claim. even as things went downhill, flyi pilots never took more than initial minor concessions (which still left them #2 paid 50-seat pilots) in a misguided attempt to save what quickly appeared to be a dying business plan. how ironic to be called out as the depresser of wages by a bunch of lesser-paid replacements.

we'll all end up just fine after flyi, because that's the kind of people we had. it was one of the proudest moments of my career, something i'm sure most of you gloating bums will never get to experience in yours.

Well if that doesn't stink. I REALLY wanted you guys to make it. Well any of you that flew with me (Terry M---J41 CA) send me a pm if you want to know something about NetJets for your new job. I'll be on the road 10 days here so it will be a while before I can get back to you. Hey, my last time out for more than 7 days per the new TA!

Latest resources

Back