• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Incoming!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For Christ's sake...is this all about the move to outsource things so that they don't have to do a recall under the union contract?

Go get some bollocks!

You're missing out on the Holiday Inn @ Hasbrouck Heights.

View of McDonalds...

Close by the Dunkin Donut, a pathway to Hindu empowerment and enlightenment...

Near said airport, TEB, a benefit not fully appreciated...

Yet still within walking distance of the Bendix Diner.

Not as dingy as it could be. Rooms are better illuminated than a Persian opium den. Carefully scented to infuse one with the sense of being on a slave galley in August, which is delicately balanced with a Hazmat over spray, suggesting hygienic overkill or maybe just a hint of road kill.

Fellow "guests" add to the ambiance and a true sense of security & contentment. Many are armed to the teeth, seasoned warriors, with long forged contacts with the local police, and a zest for life, or 10-20 (out in 8 for good behavior).

The eclectic food offered by the in-house purveyor of all that is good, promotes the "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger" spirit.

But hey, I get free internet and points... :beer:

That Holiday Inn was the preferred hotel for Flight Options for while. After a shooting in the parking lot and then the constant fatigue calls by the crews that stayed there, the hotel was quickly changed. The company quickly figured that the cost of chartering trips was more then the $30 per night they saved.

Last edited:
I don't work for Netjets, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what the letter said. There will be more furloughs as the company is going to outsource as much flying as legally possible. If you are furloughed, you might not get recalled for years (think 10 years plus).

I have come to this conclusion after reading more than one message board. I have put bits and pieces together.

Hockey, way off. There are contractual sell off limits of 11 days per quarter, whether it's one charter or a hundred doesn't matter. Any excess results in recalls. We will not discuss any concessions regarding scope-period. If we need more sell offs, we are simply short of planes and pilots.

As much as I work lately, there is no way we could deliver our product with more furloughs. I flew almost 500 hrs last year. Recalls are still a ways off though, as new aircraft are replacements at this point, and I don't see management manning more than contractual requirements at this point. Real growth is still two years away. It takes time to acquire new jets, even with BH support.

H
Hockey, way off. There are contractual sell off limits of 11 days per quarter, whether it's one charter or a hundred doesn't matter. Any excess results in recalls. We will not discuss any concessions regarding scope-period. If we need more sell offs, we are simply short of planes and pilots.

As much as I work lately, there is no way we could deliver our product with more furloughs. I flew almost 500 hrs last year. Recalls are still a ways off though, as new aircraft are replacements at this point, and I don't see management manning more than contractual requirements at this point. Real growth is still two years away. It takes time to acquire new jets, even with BH support.

More furloughs are coming whether you want to believe it or not. Hopefully you are senior enough to not be affected. If you are really junior, I would start applying to other places now.

My response is simply pointing out you are way off in your interpretation of recent events. You may well be right about furloughs, in spite of company and union leadership disagreeing with your assessment. It won't be because we're fat on pilots though. Rather an attempt to make one particular individual look even more frugal and business savy as the big decision looms on replacing Buffett. The question is how big a negative impact this will have on our owners, and how long will it last.

Last edited:
I don't work for Netjets, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what the letter said. There will be more furloughs as the company is going to outsource as much flying as legally possible. If you are furloughed, you might not get recalled for years (think 10 years plus).

I have come to this conclusion after reading more than one message board. I have put bits and pieces together.
The problem with this theory is the more outsourcing ... the more pilots have to be recalled, not furloughed, per the CBA.

Keep theorizing.

The problem with your theory is that you assume your owner base will remain constant or even grow. Aircraft "replacements" will only happen if current and new owners actually buy them. The fractional space is very quickly becoming commoditized, meaning owners are now more likely to buy based on price than ever before. The netjet pricing is still 15-20% more than any other competitive fractional company operating the same product, some of which are significantly subsidized by "company friendly" pilot salaries and benefits.
I think I know what i'm talking about here. I called the global order a few weeks ago.

Latest resources

Back