• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Incoming!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and some thought a large order of EMB 145's RJ's were coming to town. You were fooled. This isn't happening.

Count me as one fooled...

All the tea leaves were pointing in that direction (if you discount the Global at CMH a couple months ago!) and I'd have bet the farm they would have gone that way.

How could Netjets suddenly be a bad place to work? You just placed the largest private jet order in history?

So which is it, sky falling or kicking ass and taking names?

How could Netjets suddenly be a bad place to work? You just placed the largest private jet order in history?

So which is it, sky falling or kicking ass and taking names?

No one that has 482 on the street is kicking ass and taking names...

No one that has 482 on the street is kicking ass and taking names...

What percentage of the 482 have found other flying-related jobs? How many have found airline-related positions (e.g., JB, VA, Delta, Atlas, foreign, etc.)? Any estimates?

I realize the hiring market still sucks and many are probably still looking.

How could Netjets suddenly be a bad place to work?
It didn't. Its no different than it was before.... Unions and managements sometimes have points of disagreement.

Recalls? As far as we know these planes will replace fleets that get retired. Orders don't = recalls. SALES do!

Ahem...

Count me as one fooled...

All the tea leaves were pointing in that direction (if you discount the Global at CMH a couple months ago!) and I'd have bet the farm they would have gone that way.

The same is true of larger Embraer products. Dead as a door nail.

Ah yes, one thing we can all count on is NJA PICs having the real inside scoop.

imacdog: apology accepted :p

Hopw about this whopper: "NJA will not furlough". Spoken by many PICs. A broken clock is right twice a day, ya know.

I wouldn't discount NJA PIC views out of hand. They are privy to to certain info...how they interpret that info is another matter!

Well surely this order will lead to recalls eventually right? Who is going to fly them?

Any order you see now and in the future are mere replacement airplanes to the aging fleet we have. Every seat in those new airplanes will be filled by pilots being displaced from aircraft in fleet disposal or from open bids to all pilots presently on the seniority list. It will be nothing but a shuffle game for the next 5 years.

Latest resources

Back