Incident shows why FedEx pilots should make $250K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

klhoard

A FedEx MD-10 crew flew to MEM from PDX today with the #2 bleed air valve MEL'd closed. CNN reported that they had to run a Quick Reaction Handbook (also known as "Red Tabs") procedure after engine start to open the "1-2 Isolation Valve".
Good job to the crew of FDX 406 Heavy . . . .
Sorry - hope I'm not stealing any of the Jet Blue thunder. . .

klhoard said:
A FedEx MD-10 crew flew to MEM from PDX today with the #2 bleed air valve MEL'd closed. CNN reported that they had to run a Quick Reaction Handbook (also known as "Red Tabs") procedure after engine start to open the "1-2 Isolation Valve".
Good job to the crew of FDX 406 Heavy . . . .
Sorry - hope I'm not stealing any of the Jet Blue thunder. . .

About a month ago, Foxnews showed a live "emergency landing" of an F-15E at STL. Dude had a low oil pressure light or something like that in ONE of his TWO 35K lb thrust engines. Quite uneventful. Media coverage of "all things potentially disastrous that would make good TV" is getting waaaaay outta hand.

After reading the report on the Fed-Ex gal who crashed trying to land a MD-11, I think anyone who fly's with her should make at least 300K.

If the company is profitable and the pilots contribute to the source of that revenue and profitability, then they should be paid a fair slice of the pie for helping bring in the dollars. If you can negotiate $200K+ per year, go for it.

Some on here think that my attitude is greedy and that is asking too much. To them I would ask if they would turn down that much money if given the opportunity to earn it.

You are paid not what you are worth, but what you can negotiate for.

About a month ago, Foxnews showed a live "emergency landing" of an F-15E at STL. Dude had a low oil pressure light or something like that in ONE of his TWO 35K lb thrust engines. Quite uneventful. Media coverage of "all things potentially disastrous that would make good TV" is getting waaaaay outta hand.

I was on my way back to SUS and I think I might have heard part of this. Was it one of the Bud or Mic birds? I could only hear one half of the conversation, so I'm not sure, but the controller seemed concerned about the ability of the Eagle to make it back.

Accidents aren't why pilots should make alot of money. When a crew is in an abnormal situation the incentive to protect the pax and aircraft is not money. It is ones own will to survive.

If we are to use accidents to justify salaries, then a pilot could call the CEO and say for an extra 100,000 I'll try really hard not to wreck your jet.

As crazy as that sounds is as crazy as citing the jB incident and saying this is why we should get more pay.....

It is what it is.....

We get paid what we negotiate! We get paid by convincing managment to give us more money. How do we convince the company to hand over money?????

Anyone? Bueller?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Accidents aren't why pilots should make alot of money. When a crew is in an abnormal situation the incentive to protect the pax and aircraft is not money. It is ones own will to survive.

If we are to use accidents to justify salaries, then a pilot could call the CEO and say for an extra 100,000 I'll try really hard not to wreck your jet.

As crazy as that sounds is as crazy as citing the jB incident and saying this is why we should get more pay.....

It is what it is.....

We get paid what we negotiate! We get paid by convincing managment to give us more money. How do we convince the company to hand over money?????

Anyone? Bueller?
I'm glad someone realized my point. . . .

Maybe FedEx needs to save some money because of the 3 hull losses in the last 6 years or so.

Latest resources

Back