• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IN RESPONSE: ExpressJet and The Mystery of The 69 Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I must admit, I obviously didn't think that one out. I am the first to say that was a stupid addition to my post. I didn't think to expand that terrible logic. Sorry, the rest however looks sound.

Oh, man, I didn't realize how good I had it! I'm only an 8th-year captain at CommutAir, and I'm pulling down a sweet $2.01 a seat in the 1900. Wow!

:puke:

And if you want a pay raise all you have to do is pull some seats out. Wonder what all those instructors in 152s are spending their money on? :cool:

I must admit, I obviously didn't think that one out. I am the first to say that was a stupid addition to my post. I didn't think to expand that terrible logic. Sorry, the rest however looks sound.

Don’t worry about it, nothing personal. To be honest I’m just trying to get my posts into the triple digits. I hear one is considered ‘credible’ at that point.

Oh, man, I didn't realize how good I had it! I'm only an 8th-year captain at CommutAir, and I'm pulling down a sweet $2.01 a seat in the 1900.

Guess you're not looking forward to the pay-cut that will come along with the Dash 8s, huh?

I hope Expressjet has something grand up their sleeve. I like seeing a well paid airline succeed, however, past success does not guarantee future success. U.S. airlines compete in a dynamic and ever changing market place. When 50 seaters were hot, Expressjet was all the rage. Unfortunately as we all know 50 seat lift has gone by the wayside and Expressjet is an operator of only 50 seaters for one codeshare partner. From an outsider's perspective it sounds like management has put 'all the eggs in one basket'. I hope Expressjet's management team is truly as visionary and sucessful as Contentinental's ala Gordon Bethune. Only time will tell.

Roswell, your right....Contract carriers have to adapt to the makets needs as well as stay diversified. If I were the bottom half of Expressjets list I would be punching out and hope for a soft landing.

Last edited:
As a former CoEx'er (it was still called that when I flew there), I'm a little curious where the infrastructure will come from if they go with the branded flying. I know that they can not operate out of any CAL hubs, so would XJT have to contract ground handling, ticketing, etc. from another carrier or would they be able to implement their own ground handling and support staff??? Seems like that would be a huge capital investment if they had to start form square one.

Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. Any and all specualtion is welcome.

As a former CoEx'er (it was still called that when I flew there), I'm a little curious where the infrastructure will come from if they go with the branded flying. I know that they can not operate out of any CAL hubs, so would XJT have to contract ground handling, ticketing, etc. from another carrier or would they be able to implement their own ground handling and support staff??? Seems like that would be a huge capital investment if they had to start form square one.

Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. Any and all specualtion is welcome.

Actually a good bit of CAL's domestic outstations, including the majority served by XJT are XJT ground stations. CAL pays us to handle these, so they are trained by XJT and fully aware of our SOP's. As far as reservations goes, that is entirely different. But ground op's are not an issue.

Latest resources

Back