• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IN RESPONSE: ExpressJet and The Mystery of The 69 Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former CoEx'er (it was still called that when I flew there), I'm a little curious where the infrastructure will come from if they go with the branded flying. I know that they can not operate out of any CAL hubs, so would XJT have to contract ground handling, ticketing, etc. from another carrier or would they be able to implement their own ground handling and support staff??? Seems like that would be a huge capital investment if they had to start form square one.

Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. Any and all specualtion is welcome.

Ground handling-Well if its the charter side it will be FBO services and if we fly branded flying it would consist of either our ramp crews or possible contract. We have already started working with Eagle and some outstations are opperated by American Eagle and some operated by XJT ground crew. Saves money and dont need double the ground equipment.

Ticketing- Ream said we already have begun that and that we have hired an out side firm to set this all up. Also we have a consulting firm that is watching the companies notes to add second opinion to what are plans are.

Alot of this has been in the works for a while. From what i have heard we have bought alot of ground equipment from FLYI garage sale. This isnt something that hasnt been started yet. The company is on top of things. Now lets see if they can pull it off. I hope so.:beer:

The sky is not falling at XJT like alot of people think. If it is so bad at XJT why has our management team not asked for concessions, they have asked for a contract extension(which should mean pay raises, even if slight). From everything I have heard the corporate flying may include more than the original 10-15 planes as there has been so much interest they are telling people they dont have capacity. Are 25 planes going to Aviacsa, sources say yes, who cares, well buy more if we need em. XJT money is diversified into more than just flying as well, large new paint shop in Saltilo, only embraer thrust reverser shop in N. America, composite company that repairs 95% of US Military helo rotor blades, im sure there are others. Some have said that XJT has all their eggs in one basket with CAL, no duh, that is how we were formed, did we have a choice? NO, do we have a choice now, yes. It takes time to do all of these things and if it takes a couple of more months before they annouce everything so that everything is lined up and ready to go, great take all the time in the world to figure this thing out so that it doesnt fail.

I know they got 142 cert. To train erj,legacy drivers and such. I guess they are charging around half what flight safety charges.

Latest resources

Back