• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In defense of USA Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think we will be hearing as much out of Porky. The poster served his purpose, but it's all water under the bridge now.

You can't change the past people. I think Dennis Leary said it best, "Life Sucks, Get a Helmet." All the juicy rumors have been put out there for now....

Who starts a thread titled "In USA JETS defense" anyway? Oh yeah, pilotyip... WHY? Leave it alone. Do you just need something to type about?

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate. YIP has been at the company for a while, he sees it dwindling, and I am sure that is unsettling to him. When he came into the company it was just another freight company. I have interviewed at 2 other freight companies that operate Falcons and I have said thanks but no thanks to both. He sees the big picture and is proud of what he built. Just like the pilots that got put on the street hated to see it he is also hating see it evaporate. I think everyone deals with failure differently, and YIP has always been active on these boards, and he is proud of his past. One can only do so much.

I don't blame him for posting what he did, as he still gets a paycheck from the company. On another message board someone recently asked about loyalty to a company. If someone is writing you a paycheck I think that you should be loyal to that company, as they are being loyal to you. If they screw you over, you should approach the situation with a attitude that will help you in the future, and try to deal with the past. He has made a point with some people, and I agree with it, if you walk into another job interview with animosity it will work against you. Take a balanced approach, and try to move forward.

Again, devil's advocate.

Last edited:
why the thread?

Who starts a thread titled "In USA JETS defense" anyway? Oh yeah, pilotyip... WHY? Leave it alone. Do you just need something to type about?
A beer meeting with Mike in ABQ prompted this post. We shared the good times we had both experienced and were both extremely proud of what we had built. I wanted to share that with you guys. Mike is one of finest people I have ever meet and I will never forget working with him, my life has been blessed because of that association. Mike is not bitter, he is a professional, and he is moving on with his life as a professional. He has the skills to succeed anyplace he goes and anyone who hires him will be better off. Mike was one of the reasons it was exciting to get and come to work to see what miracle he would pull off that day. Life is just not as exciting right now, but we will continue to flight for excellence in everything we do as long as the company survives. It is the only way to approach life. BTW The post was about we could not be who we were and compete in a business that did carry our costs.

Last edited:
I will second Pilot yip's sentiments about Milke. He was
the most helpful director of training i have ever come across. As for pilot yip if he had not hired me over 6.5 years ago i would not be where i am. What i like about Pilot yip is his never ending positive attitude.

The place went down hill ever since they let Hubbell and Mundt go. They were the duct tape that held it all together. Nothing like getting yelled at by Ray!

What was nice is Ray would yell in your defense too.

Latest resources

Back