Important ASA meeting on Monday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
All ASA managers have been called to the G.O. on Monday for an important meeting. I believe this is finally the real deal. The timing is now right considering Skip's departure. Most likely management will learn the details Monday with a public announcement later in the week - most likely on Friday.

Here are my guesses in order from most likely to least likely:

1. Spin off of ASA and CMR to investment corporation and possibly led by a prominant former Delta executive who lives in the ATL area.

2. Sale to MESA

3. Sale to Skywest

4. Or possibly some combination of the above in combination with new financing for DAL.

Let's here other predictions ...... place your bets now before the dice are thrown...

Joe

Source????

>>>>You guys still think this is a dream? It is a nightmare. Something will happen coming up here. ASA/Comair will be sold, either before or during a possible Chap 11. We all will get eventual pay cuts. All of us. That's not hard to believe when your parent company is struggling.<<<<<

No, but the whole deal is out of our control General. Sold, or not, we have no say over what happens. You (DAL) will be ok because you'll remain in business (UAL,USAir) for years, although cuts be made, for everyone.

ASA will remained tied to DAL as a feeder, just as we are now. But, we'll lose our travel bennies, and hell, they may even kick us outa the DFCU! Whether we take cuts remains to be seen. Our pay, and bennies for that matter, can't get a whole lot lower, but whomever purchases us will try to reduce them I'm sure. Time will tell, and hopefully we'll know something soon. Until then, I ain't worrying about what's going to happen. I'll sweat it after we find out who buys us, if that happens. Fly safe!

Hoser

Hey Hoser, I think once you're a member of DECU, you can be for life regardless of changing jobs. I sure hope so anyway.

buckdanny said:
I wouldn't put Mesa before Skywest; I doubt that Mesa can afford ASA.

Buck

I disagree buckdanny. I don't believe ASA and CMR are currently worth much. As wholly owned subs. of a sinking ship that operates mainly 50 seat RJs with very high operating costs that are increasing rapidly with oil, and the fact that revenue is tied to fee-for-departure agreements that are going to be reduced in BK or under threat of BK. Then add to this equation that the potential growth of ASA and CMR are handcuffed by DALPA's scope language. This has all the makings of a "buyers market" for ASA and CMR.

Again, MESA isn't my first guess, but if DAL can unload some of the RJ debt, generate some cash, and reduce the operating cost of ASA and CMR, then MESA may be the buyer. More likely than SKYW IMO.

Joe

jehtplane said:
Source????

The source of the meeting info. is "undisclosed". The source of the remaining conjecture is JoeMerchant.

HoserASA said:
>>>>You guys still think this is a dream? It is a nightmare. Something will happen coming up here. ASA/Comair will be sold, either before or during a possible Chap 11. We all will get eventual pay cuts. All of us. That's not hard to believe when your parent company is struggling.<<<<<

No, but the whole deal is out of our control General. Sold, or not, we have no say over what happens. You (DAL) will be ok because you'll remain in business (UAL,USAir) for years, although cuts be made, for everyone.

ASA will remained tied to DAL as a feeder, just as we are now. But, we'll lose our travel bennies, and hell, they may even kick us outa the DFCU! Whether we take cuts remains to be seen. Our pay, and bennies for that matter, can't get a whole lot lower, but whomever purchases us will try to reduce them I'm sure. Time will tell, and hopefully we'll know something soon. Until then, I ain't worrying about what's going to happen. I'll sweat it after we find out who buys us, if that happens. Fly safe!

Hoser

I will still push for EVENTUAL (if ever) ASA preferential hiring. You guys did help our furloughs out a bunch. So did CHQ. Nothing personal about all of this, you are right, we have no control over what may or may not happen. I think if you guys are sold you will still be a Delta Connection, except someone else will be signing your checks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dont worry about being out of DECU if SkyWest buys you. SkyWest employees are allowed in DECU TOO!!!

Hey, don't kick me out of DECU. I love that place.

The meeting is to tell everyone "business is as usual" despite bankruptcy and the fact that our President is outta here. They actually worry that when Delta declares we will not show up for work, so they want to get the word out and avoid confusion.

JoeMerchant said:
I disagree buckdanny. I don't believe ASA and CMR are currently worth much. As wholly owned subs. of a sinking ship that operates mainly 50 seat RJs with very high operating costs that are increasing rapidly with oil, and the fact that revenue is tied to fee-for-departure agreements that are going to be reduced in BK or under threat of BK. Then add to this equation that the potential growth of ASA and CMR are handcuffed by DALPA's scope language. This has all the makings of a "buyers market" for ASA and CMR.

Again, MESA isn't my first guess, but if DAL can unload some of the RJ debt, generate some cash, and reduce the operating cost of ASA and CMR, then MESA may be the buyer. More likely than SKYW IMO.

Joe

Thanks for the insight, I didn't think about it this way. Something I was wondering, do ASA and Comair own the airplanes or are they leased? Mesa only has leases and my guess was based on the assumption that ASA owns everything.

Buck

buckdanny said:
Thanks for the insight, I didn't think about it this way. Something I was wondering, do ASA and Comair own the airplanes or are they leased? Mesa only has leases and my guess was based on the assumption that ASA owns everything.

Buck

A combination of the two...

Latest resources

Back