Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
All ASA managers have been called to the G.O. on Monday for an important meeting. I believe this is finally the real deal. The timing is now right considering Skip's departure. Most likely management will learn the details Monday with a public announcement later in the week - most likely on Friday.

Here are my guesses in order from most likely to least likely:

1. Spin off of ASA and CMR to investment corporation and possibly led by a prominant former Delta executive who lives in the ATL area.

2. Sale to MESA

3. Sale to Skywest

4. Or possibly some combination of the above in combination with new financing for DAL.

Let's here other predictions ...... place your bets now before the dice are thrown...

Joe

I wouldn't put Mesa before Skywest; I doubt that Mesa can afford ASA.

Buck

He heard it from his flight attendent who heard it from her.........who heard it from....who heard........

My Aunt Ethel, who owns a bunch of WalMart stock, told me WalMart is going to buy ASA, move us to Bentonville (KXNA), and rename us....WalMartExpress!

Bringing lower prices to you and yours everyday!

Going to paint that yellow Pacman-like symbol on the tails!

Hoser
Fly The Contract Da*# it!

You guys still think this is a dream? It is a nightmare. Something will happen coming up here. ASA/Comair will be sold, either before or during a possible Chap 11. We all will get eventual pay cuts. All of us. That's not hard to believe when your parent company is struggling.

The "rumor" I heard was that the Delta BOD was meeting today to discuss the sale of ASA initially. I have no idea if it is true or not, but maybe I should drive down to Virginia Ave and see if there are a bunch of limos out there in the parking lot. Maybe it will all be video conferenced. Who knows? Something is about to happen besides a possible courtroom meeting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
The "rumor" I heard was that the Delta BOD was meeting today to discuss the sale of ASA initially. I have no idea if it is true or not, but maybe I should drive down to Virginia Ave and see if there are a bunch of limos out there in the parking lot. Maybe it will all be video conferenced. Who knows? Something is about to happen besides a possible courtroom meeting.

I doubt they would meet on Delta property. Too much chance for people to see them and get info. Also, I doubt it would be by video. For most big items, and a sale of ASA would count, they meet in person.

buckdanny said:
I wouldn't put Mesa before Skywest; I doubt that Mesa can afford ASA.

Buck

Not true.... I agree with the original order mainly because of skywest's massive growth within the United system.

michael707767 said:
I doubt they would meet on Delta property. Too much chance for people to see them and get info. Also, I doubt it would be by video. For most big items, and a sale of ASA would count, they meet in person.

There is an awfulhouse (wafflehouse) on Virgina Ave. Best greasy bacon on the planet, and did you know that Wafflehouse sells more T-bone steaks than anyone in the nation? True fact.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
There is an awfulhouse (wafflehouse) on Virgina Ave. Best greasy bacon on the planet, and did you know that Wafflehouse sells more T-bone steaks than anyone in the nation? True fact.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Scattered, smothered, covered, and diced......

I haven't had wafflehouse in forever.

Latest resources

Back