Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact of Delta Selling Regionals on Flow-through & Flow-back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

When I signed up at NWA, I signed up for a pension and the dream of never being furloughed. I also thought that I might be upgrading within 4-5 years. I also thought that my seniority would never be subverted by a bunch of underhanded SLI arbitrators.

Just let it go Delta pilot......let it go!!

Without flow-down provisions into the most Captain senior positions, I would be against any flow-up to Delta. Calling my reps on this one.

What is your question? We might be able to answer it right here, too.

A flowback situation would place the flowbacked mainline pilots right at the top of the Compass list, in seniority order.

It is for this reason that the #1, #2, and #3 Compass pilots out of 400 total are furloughed Northwest Airlines pilots, the ones that elected to fly at Compass before returning to NWA, and then the music stopped right before they were going to go back to mainline so they've waited there a couple years.

Does that help? Flowbacks would be senior to all Compass pilots except those that were offered a mainline class date and elected to stay at Compass (doubt anyone would elect to stay at Compass, but there could be one or two). If for some reason there were a lot that wanted to stay, only the top 10% would be offered this protected seniority. So the most senior Delta flowback would be 10% system seniority. That stuff is all hypothetical though, since nobody has had the chance to turn down a class offer yet (45 day window is open right now).

If Delta wants a flow it will have to be with Comair, and I am guessing that will never happen as nobody wants it at either group.

I wouldn't say nobody wants it at Comair, a decent portion of us FO's would be for it. It is the vocal top 250 that really don't (some mof who think they should get something for nothing).

Last edited:
I wouldn't say nobody wants it at Comair, a decent portion of us FO's would be for it. It is the vocal top 250 that really don't (some mof who think they should get something for nothing).

Not many DL pilots feel too much sympathy "Condom Air, Delta Protection". And apparently the lack of offers to buy Comair speaks volumes too. I would NOT be in favor of a Comair flow down/up. Those top 250 really ruined a lot of good will with the DL pilots, which won't be forgotten.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Huh?

Are you talking Mr.SuperPremium Widebody? I'm sure your life is soooo rough right now postmerger.....

save it!

Not many DL pilots feel too much sympathy "Condom Air, Delta Protection". And apparently the lack of offers to buy Comair speaks volumes too. I would NOT be in favor of a Comair flow down/up. Those top 250 really ruined a lot of good will with the DL pilots, which won't be forgotten.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Don't forget, just make sure you take it out on the right people.

Well I guess the solution that DALPA would live with would be for the flow to start with anyone hired after 2002 at COMAIR. Thats when the Delta pilots got the hot poker in the eye post furloughs. Funny thing is that only a handful would have even went there (like ASA) and would have left long ago, but the animosity very much remains.

Well I guess the solution that DALPA would live with would be for the flow to start with anyone hired after 2002 at COMAIR. Thats when the Delta pilots got the hot poker in the eye post furloughs. Funny thing is that only a handful would have even went there (like ASA) and would have left long ago, but the animosity very much remains.

That's fine or just make everyone who chooses to flow interview first, doesn't matter to me. Originally I was pointing out to a poster from oh that not all of us are against a flow (I was hired well after this whole mess). More and more of us are realizing this place is not a permanent home and is in trouble. I'm fine without a flow (though not opposed to one), I'll apply and interview if I should ever get called (not just at DL, plenty of other good jobs), I'll earn a spot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Flow up/Flow down agreements with any DCI carrier are not a significant benefit to Delta pilots. In many cases, flow through agreements are used to somehow justify the loss of scope.

Regarding Compass: NWA pilots took a 30% paycut to buy aircraft for another airline to fly our routes for the promise that we could flow-down and go from a Delta FO making 110k per year to a Compass Captain making 62k per year. "Gee, where do I sign up for that one."

Flows are overrated: If you want to fly for Delta, apply and get hired.

Latest resources

Back