Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact of Delta Selling Regionals on Flow-through & Flow-back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flowthroughs don't work. You were all suckered yet again...when will we ever learn?

Yeah, and then what? Delta would have sent the E-175s to Republic or someone else, and then the Compass pilots would have been on the street.

I am all for putting regional flying on our list. But, you have to fix scope first. Absent scope that assures us that flying, Delta will just sell those jets to another regional and we have accomplished nothing.

Delta doesn't have scope?

DL will always own at least one regional.... in this case OH. Why? Because Delta always have that much more leverage! 'hey, if you don't do these flights for this amount of money, then we will have Comair do it'. Plus, they know the costs of running a regional airline and can use that in negotiations with others in utilizing vertical integration.

There is no flow through for OH; never has been. The comments on flow through's are right on the money though. How is that AA flow through working for Eagle pilots?

Before long Delta will be bringing people to the hubs to feed the Regionals, just like US AIR.

USAIR=3500 flights a day= 1900 on RJS.

DL will always own at least one regional.... in this case OH. Why? Because Delta always have that much more leverage! 'hey, if you don't do these flights for this amount of money, then we will have Comair do it'. Plus, they know the costs of running a regional airline and can use that in negotiations with others in utilizing vertical integration.

There is no flow through for OH; never has been. The comments on flow through's are right on the money though. How is that AA flow through working for Eagle pilots?

very good point.

As far as the flow from CZ. If there is no CZ, there is no contract . .

Up look at AMR's and Eagles flow though. Look at the law suits and what is going on there and tell me it is working.

That who deal has become a horrible mess.

sure. 76 seats and below can be outsourced. If we had put Compass on our list, Delta would have just shifted that flying to another regional.

Correct we would have had to pull down the allowable 76 seat jets that were outsourced to make that work. All the single action of adding CPS to the list would have accomplished is adding 400 pilots whose jets would have been awarded to someone else. In effect guaranteeing a furlough of 800 pilots.

To fix that issue scope would have had to have been fixed too.

I didn't say anything about it not being good to apply, network, and work hard to get hired, just as we've always done.

What I *DID* say was that I believe it would be egregiously WRONG *IF* they canceled the flow-throughs. Like any other employment promise, your wage that you're hired at, your days off, vacation, etc that are all part of your employment agreement, if a flow-through is part of that, then reneging on that agreement is inherently WRONG.

We will see what they do... like I said, I won't be surprised, but will be very disappointed.

Ok Lear,

I hear you. Was it in the Compass contract to have flow-thru? (Im asking?) Unilaterally, that cannot be changed just because they are not wholly owned. There will be lawsuits that's for sure.

Some people need a BIG time reality check. When I came to Delta, I was making more as an F/O than some of our Captain's today. Things change, to say that these talented airmen went to an airline because of a promise to be hired by Delta is an outright lie or the people involved need a real head check.

They can always use the PIC time they have logged and get a job by filling out an APP! "What? You mean I have to interview too?? Awww, damn....man, becoming a mainline Pilot is hard!!!"

Again, nothing in stone about NOT flowing these guys thru, so let's wait and see. And as a sidenote, DALPA shouldn't lift a finger in negotiating capital to guarantee a flow-through for the subsidiaries that benefitted HUGE from our cutting flying. The only reason there was jobs there was because we loosened the scope. Period, end of story.

Rant over

No....

From Joe Kolshak (Delta President) standing in my cockpit the day after selling ASA, "We couldn't sell Comair becuase nobody wants them. They struck the airline and they are all there for life at the top of the payscale. No manager could integrate that."

I thought a nuke would only leave cockroaches as the only living thing, after all this, put Comair on that list.

Latest resources

Back