Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact of Delta Selling Regionals on Flow-through & Flow-back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, but the delta pilots get to keep their jobs. thats all he was getting at.

Hmm, what about the Compass pilots? IMHO, ALPA sold them out by not keeping them in our MEC. I have no doubt the sellout continues, with ALPA being on board with denying them a flow. They deserve better than that.

If people were hired with the promise of a flow-up (and NWA's full knowledge at the time), then the current pilots should probably be grandfathered in (not new pilots going forward). Otherwise we are talking about bait-and-switch. Sure, business needs change but the newhires joined in good faith with that understanding - many left other flying positions for the opportunity... It will be interesting to see what happens.

If people were hired with the promise of a flow-up (and NWA's full knowledge at the time), then the current pilots should probably be grandfathered in (not new pilots going forward). Otherwise we are talking about bait-and-switch. Sure, business needs change but the newhires joined in good faith with that understanding - many left other flying positions for the opportunity... It will be interesting to see what happens.

Well, yeah, but flow-through agreements have a history of disappointing.

I considered applying at Compass back when they started, and it looked like a very good deal at the time. But I was always skeptical of the flow.

It seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true things.

When Continental spun off COEX into XJT, they terminated the flow through. A deal was worked out to give the upper part of the senority list a preferential interview, but that was it. Bottom line, I doubt DAL has any requirement to give current compass pilots anything going forward. Sucks, but that's the way it goes.

Oh ok.....VOR!!

So should I strike over this?? Should I bleed a river over this?? Does DALPA run the company??

Take this thread to the Regional board becuase that's where it belongs

Oh ok.....VOR!!

So should I strike over this?? Should I bleed a river over this?? Does DALPA run the company??

Take this thread to the Regional board becuase that's where it belongs
Not a chance. It stays.

This is important, as a lot of people expected their flow-through agreement to a Legacy carrier to be honored. If it's not, it has a lot of implications moving forward for EVERY Major airline pilot who might be furloughed in the future and who goes to work for a Regional at the bottom of the F/O list for crap pay simply for the promise of the flow-through.

I won't be highly surprised if they *DO* cancel the flow-throughs, but I *will* be highly disappointed. A lot of people made the choice to go to those carriers based on that; pretty crappy if they take it away.

Ok then Lear....

Riddle me this? What about all the people who filled out apps and hustled to get a job like in the old days? Is it too hard to do again?? Anybody who goes to an airline based on a promise to go somewhere else has flawed logic. The last time the bigs furloughed, only a few took jobs back at the regional, most guys wouldn't want the schedule OR the lifestyle.

Throttle back everybody here and quit the emotional BS, nobody has cancelled the flow-thrus yet.....

I'll be damned surprised if DALPA has any say in this.......

Maybe the Compass people can convince others that they were "hired by Northwest!"

I'll be letting my LEC rep knows how i feel about this issue. It's not about how DALPA will use this as leverage anymore. We're talking about a few hundred fellow pilots that got sold down the river.

If DL cancels the flow all together, there's a hefty penalty to our 76 seat RJ scope, i.e. 86 to be taken out to be exact. It will have to be resolved with DALPA and CPZ MEC. It's gonna be interesting.

I'm waiting for GL to chime in on this one!!..He must be too busy eating sundaes on his way to Europe.

I didn't say anything about it not being good to apply, network, and work hard to get hired, just as we've always done.

What I *DID* say was that I believe it would be egregiously WRONG *IF* they canceled the flow-throughs. Like any other employment promise, your wage that you're hired at, your days off, vacation, etc that are all part of your employment agreement, if a flow-through is part of that, then reneging on that agreement is inherently WRONG.

We will see what they do... like I said, I won't be surprised, but will be very disappointed.

Latest resources

Back