Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact of Delta Selling Regionals on Flow-through & Flow-back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has the DALPA MEC decided that they've given away enough scope already, or are they willing to sell out the profession even more for a few more pieces of silver?

Has Delta announced their intention to stop the flow? Nope, they have not taken a position yet.

Has CPS actually been sold or has there just been an agreement to sell them to TSH?

I agree with Caveman.... coming from a DL guy.

Slappy,

judging by the EMB and your hours, you must be a JUNIOR DAL guy.....of course the flow up/down is a big deal to you. Come on....when was the last conversation at Delta you had over the flowthru?? Tell the truth....

Here's a tidbit for you: when I got caught up in all my AirTran crap, I applied all over the place, but the ONLY Regional I applied to? Compass, for two reasons: relatively (at the time) quick upgrades, and the flow-through.

When making a choice of employers, people may very well use that as a reason to choose one over the other, just like you might choose one that has a faster upgrade track at the time (although that's not contractual and could easily fall through), or one that pays during training or at least puts you up and pays per diem, many things that may be contractual in nature that you expect to happen when you sign on.

Lear,

When I signed up at NWA, I signed up for a pension and the dream of never being furloughed. I also thought that I might be upgrading within 4-5 years. I also thought that my seniority would never be subverted by a bunch of underhanded SLI arbitrators.

You guys are going to have to learn at some point, this industry is not all rosy. I know it hasn't been easy for some of you guys at Compass, and I would never want to characterize EVERY Compass pilot as having it easy. BUT, you have to realize that this industry is cyclical. There are going to be commitments that are not met. You are getting a little dose of that right now.

I hope we are able to work out an agreement for you guys, but that agreement is going to have to ensure flowback protection or some sort of financial assurances from Delta for DELTA pilots. Compass was bought and paid for by NWA pilots. People seem to lose sight of this.

Not trying to get you all riled up, just try to keep in mind that there are people at the majors that were promised a lot of things and ended up taking a big bit out of a $hit sandwich.

Best of luck to everyone involved.

Without flow-down provisions into the most Captain senior positions, I would be against any flow-up to Delta. Calling my reps on this one.

Last edited:
Lear,

When I signed up at NWA, I signed up for a pension and the dream of never being furloughed. I also thought that I might be upgrading within 4-5 years. I also thought that my seniority would never be subverted by a bunch of underhanded SLI arbitrators.

You guys are going to have to learn at some point, this industry is not all rosy. I know it hasn't been easy for some of you guys at Compass, and I would never want to characterize EVERY Compass pilot as having it easy. BUT, you have to realize that this industry is cyclical. There are going to be commitments that are not met. You are getting a little dose of that right now.

I hope we are able to work out an agreement for you guys, but that agreement is going to have to ensure flowback protection or some sort of financial assurances from Delta for DELTA pilots. Compass was bought and paid for by NWA pilots. People seem to lose sight of this.

Not trying to get you all riled up, just try to keep in mind that there are people at the majors that were promised a lot of things and ended up taking a big bit out of a $hit sandwich.

Best of luck to everyone involved.
By "You Guys", I'm assuming you're talking to the Compass pilots... I don't work there, only applied there after AirTran issues.

However, many of us have "paid our dues", about 3 times over. When I got hired at AirTran, I had gone through 2 companies shutting down and 1 furlough, 5 type ratings, and had twice as much flight time as most of the Captains I was flying with. Point being? Many of the pilots at Compass (and other Regionals) are in the same boat, and may even be more experienced than you, so you might want to save the "You guys will have to learn..." lecture for the unwashed.

As far as the rest of it, what happened in bankruptcy was unfair to all the pilots at most of those carriers, and I certainly hope that as your own contracts come up for Section 6, that you will be successful in taking back much of what was promised you when you hired on.

Fair is fair is fair. No matter *WHO* you work for.

/soapbox

Has the DALPA MEC decided that they've given away enough scope already, or are they willing to sell out the profession even more for a few more pieces of silver?

Listen to yourself....

Did DALPA have anything to do with the sale of these airlines? What does this sale have to do with scope??

Listen to yourself....

Did DALPA have anything to do with the sale of these airlines? What does this sale have to do with scope??

Bill:
Sometimes people are so out of touch with reality, it's just more fun to watch them relish in their own stupidity.

Even if they kept the flow BACK, wouldn't DL guys who flowback no longer be represented by Dalpa (or their own company for that matter)...

Further since they got rid of them who would pay for flowback training?

What is left to protect bottom Delta guys from being furlough fodder (and senior guys from being downwardly displaced) now that the high cost of flowback is no longer an issue?

If they kept the flowback would it be mandatory (thus the company not being on the hook for unemployment/furlough "benefits")?

On a slightly different note, in addition to this selloff event (and subsequent flow and high cost of furlough protection loss), have you noticed other veiled signs that your union might be helping MGT prepare for making pilot furloughs easier?

ie: such as combing int'l & domestic trips (which would require less pilots since less can do both), lowering guarentees over the past year or so, bit by bit scope concessions (that all together create a huge mountain), schemes to dual-qualify? The list goes on an on (under the table tactics by MANY major airlines' mgt that manage to slip by individually, but causes great distress to the pilot group as a whole). Then enter the never-ending cycle of losing and later renegotiating parts of the very things you USED to have and previously negotiated away and back repeatedly (thus never getting ahead...in fact, very much BACKWARD).

Also, have all of the Previous NW hardcore union types just given up? It seems it would be highly beneficial to ALL Delta pilots if you had a good slew of those "won't back down" types in there rather than EB's golf buddies and other narcissistic types easily charmed &/or manipulated by executive types.

All good points.....they might just be setting up for a grand furlough scheme, then why are they planning to hire 300 more pilots?? Furlough one and all the 76 seaters snap to 70 with a flow or not. Overtime flying handed out like candy, new (New to Delta) airframes on property......too much need for pilots as of right now. I'm not new to this business to think that could change tomorrow.

It's a good thought, but I think the other cards play that as not feasible in the near future.

Bill:
Sometimes people are so out of touch with reality, it's just more fun to watch them relish in their own stupidity.

Yep,

And here I thought CRJ and TankerA$$Clown was the source of all stupidity. Speaking of that little sad troll CRJ, he's been trying to start static on another thread.....go get him!!!:uzi:

Latest resources

Back