• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm Standard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the FOs who pull out the paper on their leg and then proceed to completely unfold it so that they cannot see any engine instruments, flight instruments, or any daylight through the windows. Then they turn to you and ask you if you are "one of those captains" that has a problem with it. Hmm...yeah, on your leg I have a problem with having to fly the airplane. You're not at home in bed on a Sunday morning...

Some people who think they are laidback seem to confuse being lazy with being easy going. There's a big difference.

What wrong with being lazy???

Olympus, everytime you post, I don't see anything but a beautiful blond in a bikini. Whatever you do, keep posting!:)

It is funny when during Line Checks I hear the skipper give the "I'm Standard" speech and those are the ones that I spend more debriefing time Re standardizing.

It's a good practice to end the month you spend together with an F/O with him or her debriefing your performance. Ask specific questions, don't only say How did I do? If you are specific, you will get specific answers. Do you think I use the correct sequence on my cockpit preparation? Did you see me cutting corners on the flight deck safety check to power the A/C up? What do you think I should change on my F/A brief? Rather than ask, What do you think about my approach brief? Ask. What would you like me to add on my approach brief? etc.etc. If you are specific about your questions on regards of the way you conduct your business, you'll be amazed as to how useful the constructive criticism is.
One last note. Don't justify yourself when receiving the critique interrupting the F/O when he or she is debriefing you. Remember that this is not for him or her, It is for YOU! Listen, analyze, adjust your behavior and learn. Even the 500 hour rookie has something to teach if you only Listen.

You are 100% correct sir.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back