• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I think the newCBA should have bridge pay for everyone that was bypassed. The precedent has been set when you are in the same fleet, but now the Flex Globals and gulfstreams are a separate operation within Flex? Divide and conquer.

If Kenn wants to play his SFO game, I will not support any contract where I do not receive the same pay as one of his chosen ones who are behind me in seniority.

So go ahead Kenn play your games but in the end you will have to pay all of those who were bypassed the same pay rate as your chosen ones.

DAC/Flexjet Violate Federal Law

During the Flight Options/RTA merger in 2002 the same executives were accused of RLA violations and found themselves in Federal Court. The settlement, for what is known as the "Fab 5," is said to have been seven-figures.

The facts are out... DRUM ROLL...

Flexjet/OneSky management found in violation of Federal Law. From the Union quoting the arbitrator's decision:

"All of the evidence suggests that the Carrier?s actions were, at least in part, motivated by anti-union animus. For the reasons outlined above, the Arbitrator finds that the Carrier violated the protections of the RLA by discharging three (3) strongly pro-union pilots in the middle of a union-organizing drive. There was no cause for the Carrier?s actions. The Arbitrator finds that the Carrier?s discharges of the Employees were unlawful because they were based on retaliation for what was a protected activity.

Turning to the issue of remedy, the Arbitrator finds that Captain XXXX, F/O XXXX and F/O XXXX should be reinstated to their former positions with the Carrier and made whole for any losses sustained as a result of management?s actions. While the Arbitrator recognizes that the Plaintiffs? Employment Agreements provide only for severance pay if the Carrier terminates them without cause, he nonetheless finds that reinstatement is warranted given the Carrier?s violation of the RLA. The Arbitrator retains jurisdiction to address any issues that may arise regarding the remedy in this case?"

There you have it.

The Flexjet and Flight Options pilot groups have a decision to make very soon. At least they'll know what it would be like working for this management without a CBA and the protections that come with it.

This is getting interesting now, isn't it?

Yip, you are correct! All three reinstated and to be made financially whole.

Please post the management announcement - you know, the one where they welcome the employees back and apologize for their unfair treatment - be sure and post that for us when it comes out.

Please post the management announcement - you know, the one where they welcome the employees back and apologize for their unfair treatment - be sure and post that for us when it comes out.

First someone has to put the ruling on yammer for all to see. There shouldn't be much risk now I mean they just got b!tch slapped so I doubt they'd try and fire them!

GUILTY on 6 counts of the RLA. The 3 terminated are to be made whole. The 3 that got warning letters in their files will get the letters removed. And how much money did this waste? I don't want to hear excuses about lack of funds when its time for the Options pilots long overdue raises.

RH is trying to spin their reinstatement as a testament to the enforceability of the employment agreement. What a POS. it is strictly due to the IBT's commitment to justice. They are the ones who brought that dog to heel. Hanndchew actually instigated trying to fire them. The IBT smacked his snout with the newspaper. Bad dog!:laugh:

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedCabbie
Can someone photo shop that one to put him in TEB? Thx in advance. GC

RH actually was in the bar at the Holiday Inn this week. He was there buying dinner (and trying to buy their votes). Two Options pilots were there and they had a conversation which eventually led to the subject of his role in the illegal firings of 3 Flex pilots. When confronted with the facts, RH had to leave embarrassed. BTW, RH is using someone else's money to buy dinner/try to restore his reputation, but the damage has been done. I will use MY money to buy the Flex pilots a drink.

I posted this on the wrong thread.

Union at Flex

Has the violation of the Railway Labor Act caused any change in the Flexjet pilots that didn't feel a need for a "Union at Flex"?

Latest resources

Back