• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what the discussion is about. But it does no good to be on the negotiating committee if people like slowtation won't 86 the ridiculous notion that vacation should be lumped with other stuff. If you fly sick, you can have an extra vacation?? WTFO?? They are mutually exclusive. And you guys consistently argue in favor of this f'd up nonsense.

We are not understanding each other.
You said a vacation week should equal a rotation.
I understood you to mean that when we take a vacation we should get our full 8 off.
I was stating the fact that we get the 8 off when we take vacation.

As far as vacation/PTO/sick in the same balance, yes, it's ********************#ty.

Don't bother with PTO, it's a pain for approval, and they are just forcing you to call sick.
It's easier to call sick, than PTO. When you call sick, you are off until you call well. And if they don't want to work with you on PTO, and have advanced notice, then screw them at the last minute.

That is exactly what we are hoping to change in the next contract. Separate sick days and separate vacation days. But unfortunatly we did not have full 100% support from all of our pilots and the negotiators were not able to push it through.

With any luck and more support from the Flex pilots we might just get it for the unified group.

Rock on DOH. You get it.

OPT has some great things in their CBA but Flex under Bombardier was proof there is more available with profit possibility.

Let's not give up a thing, not one f'ing thing, that can be defended by profit possiblity. I for one refuse to go backward on any issue and the way it stands, OPT is less than flex on the vacation/schedule issue.

And here is another item that is continuously rearing its head. How many of the newly typed 45 "captain upgrades" are actually flying as, and being paid as, captains? Upgrades aren't upgrades until the paycheck increases.

Doh Rick did meeting at training center explained the process. no smoking gun and ppl are getting filtered through asap. There were small issues that have been corrected and we shouldn't have this same problem in a month.

if it's consolation Rick was caught by surprise with Ken's decision on the bonus. He was told one thing would happen, left for vacation, come back to the exact opposite been done. I felt bad for him. I think this while union thing is really getting him screwed. He knows first hand how working with Ken is and still feels we don't need the union meddling so I figure he know better than you. Reading between lines I'd guess what really happened was the union pissed Ken off enough to take away what had been agreed to. Future? Vote union, piss Ken off, it gets ugly.

Yep, think I'd rather take my chances with maybe than send in a card for a sure loss. Still though I admit every day brings a different decision.

Doh Rick did meeting at training center explained the process. no smoking gun and ppl are getting filtered through asap. There were small issues that have been corrected and we shouldn't have this same problem in a month.

if it's consolation Rick was caught by surprise with Ken's decision on the bonus. He was told one thing would happen, left for vacation, come back to the exact opposite been done. I felt bad for him. I think this while union thing is really getting him screwed. He knows first hand how working with Ken is and still feels we don't need the union meddling so I figure he know better than you. Reading between lines I'd guess what really happened was the union pissed Ken off enough to take away what had been agreed to. Future? Vote union, piss Ken off, it gets ugly.

Yep, think I'd rather take my chances with maybe than send in a card for a sure loss. Still though I admit every day brings a different decision.

Help me understand what you're saying. You're saying KR punish a non-union entity by doing away with their bonus because the Teamsters ticked him off?

Help me understand what you're saying. You're saying KR punish a non-union entity by doing away with their bonus because the Teamsters ticked him off?

I'm not saying anything that's what Rick said. The point I am making is it seems smarter to not poke the bear now that we know what the bear will do.

Single-carrier makes is union if we send in a card.

Put two two together. Rick told one thing would happen and goes on vacation. He come back to exact opposite happening.

What happeed in between? Union poked and cost us 10grand that's what.

So we know the union will prolly keep pissing Ken off. Why would we willingly invite discord into our lives when we have proof of its consequence?

Last edited:

What process? I asked how many of the newly typed 45 guys are being paid as captains. It is not a process. It is a number. 10? 20? 1? 0? What is the number? And as far as the bonus, he can dissemble all he wants. Kenn didn't "make it right", and Rick told us something that is NOT true. That is all that matters. It is already incredibly ugly without a voice. If we don't vote yes, we will be even more abused by Kenn, and lied to by Rick.

And please take a little time for spelling and punctuation. I can barely understand what you are trying to say.

Latest resources

Back