Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should we "get use" to 8/7? I don't see how that could ever be forced on us

Should we also get use to options pay? I hate these empty threats/promises that voting in a union means we will work under the options CBS rules.

Last edited:

Should we also get use to options pay? I hate these empty threats/promises that voting in a union means we will work under the options CBS rules.

There is no reason why the current flex schedule can't be the schedule for the joint CBAwith a 7on/7off option for those who want it. The 8/7 has got to go or be a volenteer only schedule.

That is why Flex pilots will be on the joint negotiation committee.

To get a schedule like that you will need to have strong support and unity from all of the Flexpilots. Just ask the Netjets pilots how they showed their unity.

Last edited:
Get use to the 8/7. As far as vacation it is a rotation week, and my contract says I'm not on call, when I'm off duty, vacation and during 7 days off. So I'm not sure where you heard that. Maybe the Red Label thing.

So after ten years you get four 8 day rotations free from duty? Four times a year you get 22 days in a row off? Because I actually did hear that was not the case.

So after ten years you get four 8 day rotations free from duty? Four times a year you get 22 days in a row off? Because I actually did hear that was not the case.

You get two 8 day rotations off per year ( each 22 days off in a row) if you have more PTO time in your bank you can get a third 8 day rotation off for another 22 days free from work.

OR

you can bid for two 8 day rotations off in a row to give you 37 days free from work. I know of a few guys who have done that.

I think that what he meant by that, was that KR came up with the 8/7 and likes it, so if you don't vote for the union, then you will probably have an 8/7 forced upon you at some point. If you vote for the union, and we are collectively unified, we can get whatever we negotiate. The negotiating committee will definitely be made up pilots from both groups, so vote for the union, then volunteer... It is the only way you will have a say in anything!

You get two 8 day rotations off per year ( each 22 days off in a row) if you have more PTO time in your bank you can get a third 8 day rotation off for another 22 days free from work.

OR

you can bid for two 8 day rotations off in a row to give you 37 days free from work. I know of a few guys who have done that.

Whereas we currently get 4 vacations a year. They are of a shorter duration (13 days), but we aren't stuck being gone 8 days in a row either. If management insist on 8 day rotations, then a vacation week should equal a rotation week. And that means 4 rotations free from duty per year.

Whereas we currently get 4 vacations a year. They are of a shorter duration (13 days), but we aren't stuck being gone 8 days in a row either. If management insist on 8 day rotations, then a vacation week should equal a rotation week. And that means 4 rotations free from duty per year.
And that's what he said,
a vacation is your entire rotation.
So you take vacation,
you have your 8 days off

And that's what he said,
a vacation is your entire rotation.
So you take vacation,
you have your 8 days off

What he said was you get TWO vacations per year. That is the unacceptable result of eight day rotations without a clause that equates a vacation week with a rotation week. Once again, if management insist on these outrageously long rotations, vacation should be equally long. AND, ten years equals four vacation weeks. You guys have allowed management to convince you to give up all work life balance in favor of this ridiculous work schedule. That must change.

AND, ten years equals four vacation weeks. You guys have allowed management to convince you to give up all work life balance in favor of this ridiculous work schedule. That must change.

That is why in the next JCBA we should have mutiple schedules, keep the current Flex one as a base and offer a voluntary 7/7 schedule to whoever wants it.

If you show strong support for a union and get over 75% yes vote on your side you will be in a better position to keep your schedule. If you only get 51% then you go into negotiations weaker. If we don't vote in the union then all bets are off and KR can put us on what ever schedule he wants even the Travel management one of 15/13 if he choses.

In the end it is up to us to show him that we have enough support to dig in our heels and reject any future contract that doesn't include a good varity of schedules.

Latest resources

Back