• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting our crew meals at Options is important if the OCC wants us to stay on schedule. When they would give us crew meals that the line crew would not feed to their dog, the pilots would just have to go out and get something to eat. Delaying the flight was sometimes the only way to get food that was edible. CGF usually does a good job of getting you food that is at least close to what you want, so I will say this is an improvement over the days before we had a contract.

I disagree on the meal plan I've gotta give props where props are due. The new crew meal policy is actually pretty awesome.

The rest still sucks but at least I'll be well fed.

DoH, why aren't you shutting your phone off in rest? If your phone is off, your phone is off. I was tipped off by a friend in the office a few years ago they have a way of tracking your phone status (on or off, location) so as long as they can see your phone is indeed off, they'll never call you out on not answering. I've been doing it for 5+ years and have never had so much as a blip. I now make it a habit to only have my phone on during duty.

It adds to the phone bills but after hearing about the tracking I valued my privacy over my wallet. According the app developer websites our software can also turn on your mic and camera without you ever knowing it. Their phone, your duty, totally legit but not okay in your off time. Same goes for the ipad.

Rumor from a friend is AA's ipad problem last week had to do with a hack into their similar setup and changed location of all company devices to the same address. Technology is a two way street.

Pass the popcorn, dime(but leave the kool-aid).
The iWOG and CAMP will prove to be major improvements for those who can learn new stuff and have a half-open mind.

Flex, it sounds like you can at least acknowledge an improvement at Flex i.e. new meal plan…the other posters have lost any ability to do so. Watch those calories.
If your worried about the company turning on your iPhone and looking/listening to you, get one of those aluminum pyramids and keep it in there,,,jeeeeze

I realize there is an urgency in many of you to start paying Cap’n Crunch your money and other tithes, but I think I’ll wait a bit and see what other opportunities and improvements show up in the next few weeks.
WL

Warlord I'm excited about the new meal plan tbh. It sounds pretty good. Actually it sounds sa-weeet. I have no problem giving props where props are due.

As for the phone, I shut it off. Not worried abit about it or need tin foil but the picture is funny since I know a few captains who will prolly start doing it. I don't have a problem with the company doing anything during my duty time, up to and including spying on me. They're paying me well enough and can do whatever the hell they want. It's when I'm off duty I take issue with it.

I think the company will be smart about the other opportunities and improvements so I think you're prolly wrong. After all haven't the union people been warning us they would start leaving little breadcrumbs? Why would the company choose to highlight the fact that the union is right and put breadcrumbs out that can't compete with the substantive arguments they have? I think KR is smarter than that.

Either we get breadcrumbs and can thank the union or we get something massive and can thank the union. Not a smart move for KR as either way the union comes out right.

I bet he bides his time and waits it out. If we get a union he didn't give anything away to the "bloodsucking traitors" and if we don't (due in part to proving the union people and their tea leaves wrong) then he's still ahead of the game.

Let's all be grownups and admit we all know he doesn't "care" about us and our families. He "cares" about his bottom line. I'm not offended by that but scores will be offended if they start some BS campaign about a touchy-feely Ken Ricci who puts his pilots before his wallet. Not a smart anti-union move to change who you are. It looks suspicious.

IMO the only thing that stops the union drive dead in its tracks is the sudden appearance 10K+ bonus many of us are missing. I don't think management knows how clearly wrong they are on this one. RH look like an idiot cheerleader with his latest communicae on it.

I thought he'd be smarter than to walk into that honeytrap of power but it's clear he cares more about his own ass than the pilots. If I'm wrong, he needs to come back to the line and lead. It's obvious he's not able to do it from the Waterview. That's the only thing other than the bonus that might keep a union off property and possibly save his reputation. Talk about a fast downhill slide.

I did send in my card but they still have to sell me on a vote. As I said, i'm over the hump but still not 100% on board.

What has you so convinced a union is not the way Warlord? At this point it would seem you're the minority after the bonus. No committee will fix that, just a check.

Warlord I'm excited about the new meal plan tbh. It sounds pretty good. Actually it sounds sa-weeet. I have no problem giving props where props are due.

As for the phone, I shut it off. Not worried abit about it or need tin foil but the picture is funny since I know a few captains who will prolly start doing it. I don't have a problem with the company doing anything during my duty time, up to and including spying on me. They're paying me well enough and can do whatever the hell they want. It's when I'm off duty I take issue with it.

I think the company will be smart about the other opportunities and improvements so I think you're prolly wrong. After all haven't the union people been warning us they would start leaving little breadcrumbs? Why would the company choose to highlight the fact that the union is right and put breadcrumbs out that can't compete with the substantive arguments they have? I think KR is smarter than that.

Either we get breadcrumbs and can thank the union or we get something massive and can thank the union. Not a smart move for KR as either way the union comes out right.

I bet he bides his time and waits it out. If we get a union he didn't give anything away to the "bloodsucking traitors" and if we don't (due in part to proving the union people and their tea leaves wrong) then he's still ahead of the game.

Let's all be grownups and admit we all know he doesn't "care" about us and our families. He "cares" about his bottom line. I'm not offended by that but scores will be offended if they start some BS campaign about a touchy-feely Ken Ricci who puts his pilots before his wallet. Not a smart anti-union move to change who you are. It looks suspicious.

IMO the only thing that stops the union drive dead in its tracks is the sudden appearance 10K+ bonus many of us are missing. I don't think management knows how clearly wrong they are on this one. RH look like an idiot cheerleader with his latest communicae on it.

I thought he'd be smarter than to walk into that honeytrap of power but it's clear he cares more about his own ass than the pilots. If I'm wrong, he needs to come back to the line and lead. It's obvious he's not able to do it from the Waterview. That's the only thing other than the bonus that might keep a union off property and possibly save his reputation. Talk about a fast downhill slide.

I did send in my card but they still have to sell me on a vote. As I said, i'm over the hump but still not 100% on board.

What has you so convinced a union is not the way Warlord? At this point it would seem you're the minority after the bonus. No committee will fix that, just a check.

I don't get it, you were suppose to get a bonus, Ricci new it, you knew it, you have a piece of paper that says it, and just the mere fact that he hasn't paid it on time and talked about not knowing about it, your still talking that all will be well if he pays it all of a sudden, this is beyond me. What more do you need to be on board?

Oh and by the way welcome to Flight Options the 8/7 schedule isn't that bad, you will get use to it.

But your all giddy about a meal plan. See how the bank likes your meal plan when your buying a house.

Last edited:
Pass the popcorn, dime(but leave the kool-aid).
The iWOG and CAMP will prove to be major improvements for those who can learn new stuff and have a half-open mind.

You are kidding right?

No instant messaging back to the office,
No schedule look ahead,
Send in a meal request and hope it gets done,
Call on the phone for a book report,
International flight plans on the iPad, not iWOG
Only 2 meals ordered even on 3 crew aircraft

Where is the improvement?

Next item will be: Since all the flight information is being sent to that teeny tiny iPhone 5 screen, you no longer need those individual expensive iPads. We'll just leave 2 in the plane and call it good. You guys will just have to pick up the ball and run with 2 devices that no one is personally responsible to have in working order, good luck.

This system has probably been one of biggest anchors to the FLOPS operation for years, and now it's ours. Now where is the IT guy that pushed to get us decent software, he's gone to a better gig I'm sure.

Kenn's song has been a total lie from the start.

Yes, now I work for Flight Options. I just hope I can find a way out before the bitterness sticks to me.

Flexjet and Flight Options = OneSky

Kenn's song has been a total lie from the start.

Yes, now I work for Flight Options. I just hope I can find a way out before the bitterness sticks to me.

No. Both the Flight Options Pilot Group and Flexjet Pilot Group will be OneSky.

Everything is changing to OneSky. Even the flight attendants at Flight Options now work for OneSky. The Flight Options Pilot Group will be the last to enter that game.

So, why is it that Teamsters representation under OneSky would be so bad?

Remember, with union representation under the RLA at least work conditions can be bargained for. Without union representation, well, good luck.

Who is in charge of the sinking ship is irrelevant.

All the FJ owners that avoided Kenn's operation at Flight Options will now be avoiding his operation at One Sky.

It seems the industry might not be ready for KR's vision.

flex, your post of 5-3-15 was excellent…sorry to be so late in responding.

do you not recall that every Spring for 10+ years during the annual springtime union drive that Bombardier would come up with a few enticements for pilots to damper out union fever?? Spreading “breadcrumbs” is not new with Mr. K….every company does it.

There was a meeting this past Monday strictly about the 2014 Bonus and future bonus’s…it sounds like we will get the agreed bonus in 30-60 days, and a method of determining bonus’s in the years to come. If this doesn’t happen, I would expect a lot of union cards to be mailed in.

I don’t understand your comment about KR “caring” about you and your family. In my view, the president/CEO/Owner demonstrates he cares about his employees by providing market wages and benefits and providing a safe, friendly working environment. I want the owner fighting every day to make the company smart, efficient, and able to compete in the marketplace so that I will have a job. Unions bring none of that to the table.

I also think you are wrong about RH. He’s between a rock and a hard-place, having to deal with the demands of a massive change in the way we do business, learning the new methods of DAC, doing battle with the IBT, and still running everyday operations. I don’t think anyone could do it better, not withstanding all the little lemmings howls and mob mentality.

Sooo, as I’ve said here before, I would go for an in-house union simply because it might be an easier way to express our common concerns with management. The IBT is corrupt as they come, with Cap’n Crunch leading the way. If you keep up with current events, you’ve noticed a national movement away from unions as the public and private sector are starting to realize the “protection racket” nature of existing unions. If you want to lose all the good things and working relationships we’ve established over the years, then by all means vote in the Cap’n.
Regards,
WL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back