• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah yes! The non-answer answer. Seems to be a lot of that going around. How to we get to participate if it is already decided? Serious question here. Vote in the 1108 and merging seniority is done according to the "agency's" policy. What is the policy?
There is no IBT policy, which causes it to default to M-B Law.

So, what's the answer to the Teamsters merger policy? If it's to just default to MB, then just say that. I can live with that answer. But, in the extreme case that it's to staple Flexjet pilots to the bottom some how, then I'm out. I doubt that's the case but integration is the biggest concern. And if people aren't comfortable with what Teamsters has in mind then they may not join up, and we have the right to know beforehand. I only have to assume that by not answering this question that my best interests aren't being considered.

You must have missed the announcement the union put out in which, at least to my eyes, they spelled out exactly how seniority integration would work. And yes they said it will happen per MB.

If you did read that announcement and still had questions, why didn't you ask them on the VUH?

At the end of the day the 1108 is your fellow pilots and the only commodity they have to offer in this fight with Ricci is their credibility.

If you guys can't see that by now we are all screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedCabbie
Maybe "no one from the 1108" was told the truth prior to the Flex pilot posting. That's how the company operates. Tell one pilot group one thing, and the other pilot group another. But its only a small lie, so its ok.

"When did the Company tell you that FLOPs transferrees were upgrading to a Red Label 75 and that they were getting a new type on it? By your logic, the gentleman who posted that on the VUH was told that by the Company at some point. "

V1, just a minor correction. It wasn't me that posted in the VUH that the 75 was a Red Label upgrade. The company didn't specify what type you would get after you were upgraded out of the 45. Just that you would not be in the 45 for long and the Red Label was the way your upgrade out of seniority would happen.

They're so informed on the VUH that they think the FLOPs transferrees are already "upgrading" out of seniority order by going to the 75 because it's a Red Label aircraft (which it's not) and getting a new type rating (which it's not) after only being on the 45 for a few months. It took a couple of posts from someone at Flex to correct it. No one from the 1108 bothered.

V1 sounds like you might be twisting the post just a little bit to make yourself sound better.

Here is the post from the VUH:

"Also I hear that some of our very first transfers to Flex are now in school for the LR75. Wow, that didn't take very long. "I'm not sure but I thought" the LR75 is a "Red Label" program. I wonder how many Flex pilots were leap frogged for this Options pilot transfer, to go from the 45 to the 75 in less than a yrs time."

Wow! He posted on the VUH: "I'm not sure but I thought" and now they are SO mis-informed because he "Thought"

I remember specifically an email that came out around the beginning of the year introducing the "FlexJet Red Label"

"DATE: January 15, 2015
SUBJECT: Flexjet Red Label Program
TO: All Flight Options Pilots

FLEXJET RED LABEL PROGRAM INTRODUCTION

"Aircraft in the Red Label Program

As stated above, the Red Label program is being used to market 5 year and younger aircraft. New aircraft being brought on line and being marketed in the Red Label program for 2015 include the Challenger 350, Lear 75 and a possible Lear 85 interim aircraft that is still under consideration."

Wow, in his own words stating the 75 would be a "Red Label". I wonder how those guys at Flops could be so mis-informed to actually think the 75 is a "Red Label"

Also where does it say anything about getting a new type?

V1 will fit right in with the new SFO program. If you don't like what you hear, just make something up. Just tell the pilots what they want to hear. Worry about the consequences later. Short term thinking. Nothing new to us.

You've got V1 all wrong. Now I've figured out who he is, his sincerity is not in question. He is doing his best to live in two realities. If our drive is unsuccessful, SFO land will be the reality. If we suceed, seniority will be reality. It's hard for me to put into words, because I'm not a writer, but I understand why some pilots are applying for these positions. If we fail, all upgrades will be interview. Not all pilots can walk away from this situation, so they are both sending in their cards, and living with the other foot in the alternate reality. V1, you will not get grief from me for this awkward situation. I feel off balance by this situation myself.

V1 will fit right in with the new SFO program. If you don't like what you hear, just make something up. Just tell the pilots what they want to hear. Worry about the consequences later. Short term thinking. Nothing new to us.

If I don't like what I hear, I question it. Not try to misrepresent it by smearing someone or something. Nice try, though.

You've got V1 all wrong. Now I've figured out who he is, his sincerity is not in question. He is doing his best to live in two realities. If our drive is unsuccessful, SFO land will be the reality. If we suceed, seniority will be reality. It's hard for me to put into words, because I'm not a writer, but I understand why some pilots are applying for these positions. If we fail, all upgrades will be interview. Not all pilots can walk away from this situation, so they are both sending in their cards, and living with the other foot in the alternate reality. V1, you will not get grief from me for this awkward situation. I feel off balance by this situation myself.

Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence in my integrity. Maybe I'll figure out who you are one day?!? Just to be clear though, I've not applied for anything that requires me to interview. The dedicated crew was something I looked at very closely but with the guidelines that came out last month or so, it doesn't look too appealing. This "situation" that we're in deserves some intense debate and some are going to get upset during the process, including myself at times, and that's fine if that's what it takes to get some answers about our careers. I don't answer to Ricci or the Teamsters. I answer to my family and myself. If I make Ricci mad or the 1108 in the process, then oh well. I'm an equal opportunity aggravater.

Latest resources

Back