• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get to chose. Either the Flex pilots participate with their own pilot representatives or you can leave the decision up to Uncle. Didn't Uncle change the list after the pilots complained about the first list? How was that first list fair?

Ah yes! The non-answer answer. Seems to be a lot of that going around. How to we get to participate if it is already decided? Serious question here. Vote in the 1108 and merging seniority is done according to the "agency's" policy. What is the policy?

All I can find online is that absent an internal policy, McCaskill/Bond applies. Have you asked on the VUH if there has ever been a merger of two IBT represented carriers? That would be the place to go.

Isn't it pretty much the same folks on here as there? Same talking points over and over again. Flex crews might need to have representation when dealing with KR. Not saying we do or don't. Just wanting to be fully informed in my decision making process. From reading every post on here and every post on the VUH regarding this whole deal I am pretty sure that the same people are reading and posting on both. The 1108 leaders or their mouth pieces should be able to answer this question and save us all the research time. They want our money right?

They're so informed on the VUH that they think the FLOPs transferrees are already "upgrading" out of seniority order by going to the 75 because it's a Red Label aircraft (which it's not) and getting a new type rating (which it's not) after only being on the 45 for a few months. It took a couple of posts from someone at Flex to correct it. No one from the 1108 bothered.

They're so informed on the VUH that they think the FLOPs transferrees are already "upgrading" out of seniority order by going to the 75 because it's a Red Label aircraft (which it's not) and getting a new type rating (which it's not) after only being on the 45 for a few months. It took a couple of posts from someone at Flex to correct it. No one from the 1108 bothered.

Here is the reality V1. New type or not, we may not know all the esoteric details of what is happening for the FLOPS transferees, but what we do know is that it probably isn't what all the Flex crews envisioned for their future... or is it?... You tell me? If you think it is right and fair, then say so... we are all waiting to hear what your take on this is.

It took a couple of posts from someone at Flex to correct it. No one from the 1108 bothered.

Maybe "no one from the 1108" was told the truth prior to the Flex pilot posting. That's how the company operates. Tell one pilot group one thing, and the other pilot group another. But its only a small lie, so its ok.

That is the reason why we all need to be on the VUH. It is the place where information can be disseminated to both groups. When management tells one group one thing, and the other group another, sharing info on the VUH is the only place to sort that out. Yammer is closed to FO, so it can't be done there.

Here is the reality V1. New type or not, we may not know all the esoteric details of what is happening for the FLOPS transferees, but what we do know is that it probably isn't what all the Flex crews envisioned for their future... or is it?... You tell me? If you think it is right and fair, then say so... we are all waiting to hear what your take on this is.

The 75 is going off as initially planned, as far as I can tell. Those that put in for it are beginning to fly it as a traditional 91k airplane. Nothing out of seniority as far as upgrades go.

Maybe "no one from the 1108" was told the truth prior to the Flex pilot posting. That's how the company operates. Tell one pilot group one thing, and the other pilot group another. But its only a small lie, so its ok.

When did the Company tell you that FLOPs transferrees were upgrading to a Red Label 75 and that they were getting a new type on it? By your logic, the gentleman who posted that on the VUH was told that by the Company at some point.

That is the reason why we all need to be on the VUH. It is the place where information can be disseminated to both groups. When management tells one group one thing, and the other group another, sharing info on the VUH is the only place to sort that out. Yammer is closed to FO, so it can't be done there.

True. However that's never going to happen. The VUH will always heavily outweigh Flex pilots and those who question the 1108. I've stated my peace on here several times that my card is in, I'm on board etc, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to sit idly by. I question both sides because it appears that each is trying to out lie the other.

So, what's the answer to the Teamsters merger policy? If it's to just default to MB, then just say that. I can live with that answer. But, in the extreme case that it's to staple Flexjet pilots to the bottom some how, then I'm out. I doubt that's the case but integration is the biggest concern. And if people aren't comfortable with what Teamsters has in mind then they may not join up, and we have the right to know beforehand. I only have to assume that by not answering this question that my best interests aren't being considered.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back