I'm Here Doing It...at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You greatly exaggerate

Signing a contract of your own free will is the ultimate of freedom. Don't like it, then don't sign it. It's about as far from communism as you can get.

You just don't like the idea of a contract. That's fine of course, but trying to make it something that it is not reduces your legitimacy among this infamous group of happy campers....

Binding employees in your service via threat of litigation and possible financial ruin is a circumvention of the risk-reward philosophy of free-market economics. The unilateral nature of the binding is FAR closer to communism than you seem to realize....

It's all about seniority,

That's why furloughed pilots are more likely to leave when they get recalled. That's why furloughed pilots are unlikely to get hired in the first place.

Perhaps seniority actually HURTS pilots more than it helps....???

I think that message is clear, “We hire inexperienced pilots in good times and in bad times desperate furloughed pilots, who will desert us for greener pastures at the first opportunity, leaving the inexperienced pilots who are left to fend for themselves”.

I guess for me the question is, what makes one air carrier a stepping stone employment opportunity, while another is a career destination? Why do so few unionized carriers require training contracts? If a particular carrier will only offer employment to those pilots willing the indenture themselves, what message is it sending about what it aspires to be as a company? I think that message is clear, “We hire inexperienced pilots in good times and in bad times desperate furloughed pilots, who will desert us for greener pastures at the first opportunity, leaving the inexperienced pilots who are left to fend for themselves”.

I wonder if any average airline passenger, let alone the wealthy fractional owner, would agree to place himself or his family in the back of an airplane flown by pilots who where required to indenture themselves if he knew about it? I also wonder about the mindset of a fractional company management team which would risk their companies’ image in this way simply to exercise a higher degree of control over its pilots.

Sometimes it’s instructive to look at the backgrounds of some of the managers at these companies, some of whom have learned over time to not simply hate, but truly loath pilots.

Stop wondering. Most fractional owners are acquainted with the concepts of due diligence and fiduciary responsibility. The image risk is insignificant.

What makes some air carrier managers loathe pilots? Could some pilots' propensity to jump ship be a factor? Just wondering.

Signing a contract of your own free will is the ultimate of freedom. Don't like it, then don't sign it. It's about as far from communism as you can get.

Spoken like a seasoned stalinist. The workers have all of the freedom in the world: they may choose the employment we offer, or they may choose the gulag! How is this not freedom?*

*I know that was rather unfair, but the presentation of the illusion of choice has always been out of the little red playbook.

You just don't like the idea of a contract. That's fine of course, but trying to make it something that it is not reduces your legitimacy among this infamous group of happy campers....

You're mistaken. I don't just not like the idea of training bonds, I'm indicting the managerial adroitness of firms that employ them. As I've said before, ad infinitum: the engine that drives profitability, client retention/satisfaction, company image, and short-term/long-term operational efficiency and stability are the crews themselves.

Continued bombardment of this engine with outright assaults on dignity in the form of training-bonds and adjuvant nonsense cause irrecoverable damage to themselves and the greater industry as a whole; especially in light of the fact alternatives exist.

You try and put a positive-spin on it. That's fine of course, but trying to make the phenomena itself into something that it is demonstratively not reduces your legitimacy among this group of happy campers (the greater fora population in universalis)

Stop wondering. Most fractional owners are acquainted with the concepts of due diligence and fiduciary responsibility. The image risk is insignificant.

A imprudent contrariety, perhaps the most severe within the bounds of this discussion yet. In the context of fractional/charter air carriage, image, presentation, and consumer confidence are climacterically CRITICAL.

What makes some air carrier managers loathe pilots? Could some pilots' propensity to jump ship be a factor? Just wondering.

As demonstrated with all requisite logic and attendant reasoning, the blame for attrition lies squarely upon the shoulders of the employer, whom, through avoidable failures on myriad levels, finds themselves incapable of competition. Again, the notion of asymmetrical fault, that there is nothing wrong with me, only with the world itself is psychologically apocryphal.

To wit: as the most candid expression of reason, air carrier managers that loathe pilots may be thought of as introspectively deranged.

So? Free-market dynamics demand creative solutions for competition. Trapping a workforce via threat of litigation is a circumvention of this philosophy.
It is a free-market. There is no lack of very qualified people more than willing to work there. All of them are very well versed and understand the one year minimum contract. All of them agree to it.

A imprudent contrariety, perhaps the most severe within the bounds of this discussion yet. In the context of fractional/charter air carriage, image, presentation, and consumer confidence are climacterically CRITICAL.

As demonstrated with all requisite logic and attendant reasoning, the blame for attrition lies squarely upon the shoulders of the employer, whom, through avoidable failures on myriad levels, finds themselves incapable of competition. Again, the notion of asymmetrical fault, that there is nothing wrong with me, only with the world itself is psychologically apocryphal.

To wit: as the most candid expression of reason, air carrier managers that loathe pilots may be thought of as introspectively deranged.

I get it now. Your opinion is indisputably correct because you expressed it. All who disagree should shut up because Paradoxus has spoken.

You know better than that.

I hate to say it, but your stance on this issue discounts, denigrates, disdains, demonizes and demeans any contrary opinion. Your conclusion is stated as self-evident, leaving no room for argument.

Thus, my previous post.

Latest resources

Back