• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

17-21 May hiring window re-opens.

cliff
LFW

Crew Base....Gateway....

Samething. We call 'em Gateways. You used to have to live within 2 hours of your assigned Gateway. Now we have a commuter policy which allows you to live anywhere.

Doesn't really help though unless you have travel benefits some other way as Avantair has now jumpseat agreements. If you live in SFO with a DEN Gateway then it is up to you to get to DEN on your start day.

Hi!

It's good for me, as I could drive to Midway...vs. outside of 2 hours before! MKE would be even better! I will be applying.

cliff
LFW

Is there a difference between Gateways and domiciles? I've seen a list of domiciles for Avantair that is about 3 times as long as the list of gateways. For instance PIE is listed as a domicile but there are no Florida airports listed as gateways.

Thanks

I think domicile and gateway mean the same thing. Unfortunately, not all gateways(domiciles) are open right now. It seems they want the new hires to all come from west of the Mississippi. This makes sense, because we have a lot of Florida pilots, Boston pilots, and New York city pilots. That sucks, I know, but is the truth. We have a commuter policy, but I believe they are trying to hire in the gateways that are open, or at least pilots who are willing to move to one. Once again, it makes sense that they would do this. Best of luck to all.

Last edited:
Here's the list of gateways we're hiring into:

BUR, DFW, DEN, CMH, IAH, IND, LAS, MDW, MSY, PHX, STL

Plan on living in or near one of these cities. GP's earlier post explains our basing system.

Latest resources

Back