I'm Here Doing It...at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great Company

Great company, but they are not looking for the best pilots. If you have worked for another fractional, or are furloughed you don't have a chance. With that said, there is some flawed managment decisions about commitment and customer service from someone that has worked for another fractional first.

Great company, but they are not looking for the best pilots. If you have worked for another fractional, or are furloughed you don't have a chance. With that said, there is some flawed managment decisions about commitment and customer service from someone that has worked for another fractional first.

I think I'm supposed to be offended, but I can't muddle through your 3rd-grade grammar. One more time, in plain English please...

I think I'm supposed to be offended, but I can't muddle through your 3rd-grade grammar. One more time, in plain English please...

I think what he was trying to communicate was abject frustration and contempt that Avant Air has some kind of policy in place, official or otherwise, to steer clear of pilots with previous fractional experience.

I've heard as much as well recently. Monstrously wicked, if true.

While I'm not in a position to spreak for the company in an official capacity, it's my understanding that we're looking for the "medium time" applicant. People who aren't still wet behind the ears, so to speak. People who have a fair amount of valuable, real-world experience. At the same time, they aren't so experienced that they're set in their ways and aren't trainable any more. I'm not aware of previous Frac experience being a disqualifier.

At the same time, they aren't so experienced that they're set in their ways and aren't trainable any more. I'm not aware of previous Frac experience being a disqualifier.

An extraordinarily deplorable temperament. Perhaps the rbav8r was right.

Any operator in this industry judging an excess of experience as undesirable is deserving of suspicion.

Sorry, AftCG182.

I suppose anyone here could start their own aviation company, buy some planes, post a "PILOTS WANTED" sign and use any method they wanted to sort through the thousands of resumes.

An extraordinarily deplorable temperament. Perhaps the rbav8r was right.

Any operator in this industry judging an excess of experience as undesirable is deserving of suspicion.

Sorry, AftCG182.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Paradoxus. A specific experience level can, and should, be dictated by a prospective employer.

As a reminder, I'm not speaking in any official capacity on my Company's behalf. Just running my mouth via my fingertips, as usual.

I think what he was trying to communicate was abject frustration and contempt that Avant Air has some kind of policy in place, official or otherwise, to steer clear of pilots with previous fractional experience.

I've heard as much as well recently. Monstrously wicked, if true.

Um.... I was hired with 7000+ hours and LOTS of fractional experience. They didn'r seem to mind. In fact, they thought my prior frax experience was a plus. Since I lasted almost 5 years before I retired in March, I guess they were OK with it.

Must be a new policy. I certainly didn't get the memo on that, but things could change in a couple of months.

While I'm not in a position to spreak for the company in an official capacity, it's my understanding that we're looking for the "medium time" applicant. People who aren't still wet behind the ears, so to speak. People who have a fair amount of valuable, real-world experience. At the same time, they aren't so experienced that they're set in their ways and aren't trainable any more. I'm not aware of previous Frac experience being a disqualifier.

Well I am not sure how to take this statement. Are you saying that because I am high time guy I can plan on not getting the call. I consider myself highly trainable and I am having a great time interacting with my passengers as a contract King Air driver. No Prima Dona airline attitude going on here, I just need a steady gig to pay the bills. As a matter a fact many of my hours were put together flying for a now defunct airline that many of your current pilots flew for as well. So I guess what I am saying is that it would be very disappointing to hear that a unofficial company policy is in place that would toss out a qualified applicant simply based on high flight time. Never a good idea to assume we are all uptight anal retentive Capt. types who don't know where the bags go or where the lav dump is located.
I'm Just Sayin

Latest resources

Back