• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm Going To The 767ER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course you are home everynight! When I instructed private pilots I was home every night also! You can trash it all you like, but you know that insults are the true expressions of jealousy!

The truth hurts doesnt it? You must be a real joy to fly with.

I would love to go to the ER, but I do not think that 10 years on reserve would be too much fun for an FNG.

Living in NYC.. I would welcome the oppurtunity!

LOL

Always
Motch

I decided that I have had enough of the Mad Dog! The new AE awards were posted today and I am glad to see that I will be going to the 767ER. I am looking forward to all those new International destinations. I was surprised to see that the ATL based 767ER is still being held by new hires! I would get ready for a very long sit on reserve, but what a great plane to start your major airline career in! I myself loved the time I had on the 727 panel! Oh well, for those looking to come over to Delta, there is a lot of choices open to our new hires! Hope I'll see some of you soon!

Congratulations! I just saw some of the pairings out of NY on the 7ER. Some very productive flying with some nice layoevers. Many of these trips average over ten hours credit per day and you will get paid several of those hours for sleeping/eating. Some layovers 15 to 24 hours in some great hotels. On a side note I was just looking at the Delta contract. Five hours fifteen minute daily guarantee along with many well thought out work rules still in tact....looks good! Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
I would love to go to the ER, but I do not think that 10 years on reserve would be too much fun for an FNG.

ACL, you could always do the 7ER for two years, take in NY as a one time life event then bid back to 767 ATL domestic. The fam might have something to say about this however:) If hiring continues like it is now you could probably hold a line in ATL at the end of the two years. Just a thought.

Congratulations! I just saw some of the pairings out of NY on the 7ER. Some very productive flying with some nice layoevers. Many of these trips average over ten hours credit per day and you will get paid several of those hours for sleeping/eating. Some layovers 15 to 24 hours in some great hotels. On a side note I was just looking at the Delta contract. Five hours fifteen minute daily guarantee along with many well thought out work rules still in tact....looks good! Have fun and let us know how it goes.

I have not looked at the NYC ER lines. I am going to be an ATL based ER/FO

Congrats on the bid. I know you'll enjoy it for a while. The downside is it will take a tremendous toll on your physical health. I can't think of anything worse than droning around the world in a widebody. Glad there are young guys that want to do it.

denny

First of all, to each his own. I thorougly enjoyed domestic flying, and I really enjoy the international flying.

But the "you will kill your body" myth is mostly just that. I am far more rested, eat better, and am in better shape AND spend more time with the family flying international than I ever did domestic. Of course, I also mix it up with an equal mix of European layovers, 2-day Central American trips (all on East coast time) and South America.

In the "good (or bad) old days" the international flying was on the L15/DC10, where you did not have a rest break and ate the first class leftovers of caviar for 11 hours--in between cigarettes! No way would I have flown that. But with the required rest break, I can fall asleep quite easily, which makes a HUGE difference. I also eat the first class crew meals (pretty good for the most part) in a relaxed manner--far superior to inhaling the Chinese food you just got at the food court after your third leg but before your fourth and fifth!

On the layover itself you have the time to eat really good food again in a relaxed setting (which also reminds you just how bad a lot of American restaurant food is). Take a couple of hours to work out and run and you feel great! The key is...can you sleep when you need to? If you can (and I can) then international is great. If not...well it is not so great.

Again to each his own. But after flying domestic at DAL for 9 years before I went international, I will absolutely state that I saw far more pathetic-looking fatigued, prematurely old, overweight types flying domestic than I ever have international. Of course the fact that we retired over 1000 senior international pilots before I entered the category might also have something to do with it!

Again, to each his own. If you enjoy what you are flying that is all that matters.

[QUOTEThe new AE awards were posted today ][/QUOTE]

Damn, Eagle got 767-300ERs now...?

Here goes the neigborhood and the paycheck.

Latest resources

Back