• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm done. (NWA/DAL)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are. It is all quite funny, but as stated FDJ2 has a point.
Two to two and a half years max on those 40 and 50 series 9's. (Assuming the business plan does not change again)
Ahhhhh.....So......if the "business plan" DOES change (of course, I know that NOTHING changes in the airline business in 2 1/2 years:rolleyes:) you would be willing to "redo" the SLI right?Ya know, since you want to base the SLI on future plans and all. That would also apply to changes in the DAL fleet plan within 2 1/2 years of DCC right?

Last edited:
No because they are still the smallest gauge a/c. And if we had the smallest, I would expect our guys to be on the bottom as well.

There are going to be changes, but not the ones you are thinking of.

Ahhhhh.....So......if the "business plan" DOES change (of course, I know that NOTHING changes in the airline business in 2 1/2 years:rolleyes:) you would be willing to "redo" the SLI right?Ya know, since you want to base the SLI on future plans and all. That would also apply to changes in the DAL fleet plan within 2 1/2 years of DCC right?

Wait, is this the same thing as your guys wanting a "dynamic" list that would allow your guys to leapfrog over DAL pilots when your upcoming NWA pilots retire, even though we also have a large chunk of retirements coming up about 5 years later? Same thing? A redo of the SLI? Kinda crazy.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

No because they are still the smallest gauge a/c. And if we had the smallest, I would expect our guys to be on the bottom as well.

There are going to be changes, but not the ones you are thinking of.
So which is it? The reason that DC-9 pilots should be STAPLED, not integrated, in the SLI? Is it because of gauge or because they are "going away"(well....maybe....ya know....in 2 1/2 years or so....unless things change, of course)? Using your logic, why doesn't your proposal have entire blocks of NWA stapled into various parts of the list based on gauge? It's OK to staple on the bottom but not on the top based on gauge? What's the "gauge" of the 744(with 451 pilot's) vs the 777?

Last edited:
It is both and you know it. They are going away sooner rather than later. They are also the smallest airframe.
It is not only passengers but the capabilities of the airframe. The 777 and 744 perform the same roll. The 9 and 88 do not. I do not see any 9's going from ATL to SJU or ELP any time soon. (It does not have the capabilities)

It is both and you know it. They are going away sooner rather than later. They are also the smallest airframe.
It is not only passengers but the capabilities of the airframe. The 777 and 744 perform the same roll. The 9 and 88 do not. I do not see any 9's going from ATL to SJU or ELP any time soon. (It does not have the capabilities)
OK, Both....First of those is gauge. You say the DC-9 pilots should be STAPLED due to gauge, yet DAL MD88 pilots are not STAPLED below 320 or 757 pilots...they are integrated. What a double standard! Your staple logic only makes sense if you also staple everyone else, in blocks, into the combined list based on guage.

Second is because they are going away. We are to sentence hundreds of NWA pilots to the bottom of the list, junior to hundreds of DAL pilots hired up to 10 years later, based on an assumption/guess, that can't be supported by any official comment? (in fact, the only public comments on the subject by DAL execs say just the opposite).

Wow. Very reasonable and fair logic there.

Last edited:
Wow, go take your logic to your MEC.

I cannot wait to hear your side of it next week.
Quit arguing this, you or I cannot change the outcome.
Maybe Puff and FDJ2 will feel like spatting with you. I have better things to do with my time. Like taking a Nap!

Last edited:
Wow, go take your logic to your MEC.

I cannot wait to hear your side of it next week.
Quit arguing this, you or I cannot change the outcome.
Maybe Puff and FDJ2 will feel like spatting with you. I have better things to do with my time. Like talking a Nap!
Hey, I agree 100%. I'm tired of all of it too, to be honest. It's out of our hands, we each have our strong feelings about it, but guess what....neither is going to change the other's position. Soon enough this will be behind us and we can concentrate on snubbing our collective noses at other legacies that attempt to challenge us in our airline world domination cage match!:angryfire

Have a good nap.....but if you're talking through it, you're too stressed out.

Later

Yeah, I am done debating this until I see your proposal. Maybe even then I will not want to discuss it.
I just would like it behind us. There are lots of plans that need this to be finished for them to be come a reality.

Latest resources

Back