• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"I'm a pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you just forked over tens of thousands for a pretend job, you would convince youself it was a great deal to.

FN FAL said:
I met that chick at a skydiving boogie. Everybody was eating her crap like there was no tomorrow.

When the boogie was coming to a close, she told everybody she missed her flight and that if her brother couldn't meet her with a car at FT Dodge Iowa to pick her up and run her back to her home state, she was going to miss reporting for duty after her vacation. I offered to let her fly our plane back that night for round trip gas money and she refused the offer...probably because the radar was mounted on the front panel and not in the back seat.
On a similar note, I was watching some tv show a while back, I think it was broadcast network.. at any rate. It was about some gal who was a "Naval Aviator" in some A-6 derivative. At first I thought she was a pilot, but as I watched, I realized that everything in the show, dialog, narration, camera angles when filming her in and around the airplane, etc. were all carefully orchastrated to leave the impression that she was a pilot, and disguise the fact that she actuall was a B/N or ECM operator or whatever hte rightseater did in that mission. They never actually *lied* and said she was a pilot, but they pretty much did everything but. Now, I mean absolutely no disrespect RIOs, B/N's ECM operators, or other non-pilot crewmembers. I'm not going to look down my nose at others doing a job I've never done, and possibly couldn't hack. In my mind, there's nothing dishonorable about that job at all, but *why* go to all the trouble to give the false impression that she's a pilot when in fact she's not?

Eaglepuke said:
If you just forked over tens of thousands for a pretend job, you would convince youself it was a great deal to.

Daddy probably bought him the job and now he can be a model in the ads in Flying Magazine. One guy is in like 3 ads

I flew the EA-6B for a number of years and can tell you some Electronic Countermeasure Officers (ECMO'S) are awesome, are very good at there job, and can do things with electronic jamming that I could never comprehend. However, I have had one or two meet a girl in a bar and tell them they were a pilot. I never wanted to start anything with these guys because they outnembered me 3 to 1, but it did piss me off and would cause tension. I was not qualified to do their job and they were not qualified to do mine. Some did get the chance to go through pilot training and I thinks that's great, but until that time they should not disrespect us that already did.
On the flip side to this any pilot that does not see ECMO's as an absolutly vital part of the crew and respect them in every way possible is an A$$ and should be taken out for a blanket party.
Naval Aviators have one anchor on their wings and Naval Flight Officers (NFO's), which ECMO's are a part of, have crossed anchors.

Bjammin said:
Naval Aviators have one anchor on their wings and Naval Flight Officers (NFO's), which ECMO's are a part of, have crossed anchors.
OK, help me out here, becaus I may be misunderstanding, does the term "Naval Aviator" mean only pilot rated crewmwmbers? ie: an ECMO would not correctly be referred to as a "Naval Aviator" ?

If so, the program did flat lie, as they referred to her as a "naval Aviator" I recall that clearly. I also recall very clearly footage of her mounting up for a mission and even though the the camera was very tight, it couldn't conceal the fact that she was strapping into the right seat. There aren't any A-6 variants which have pilot controls in the right seat are there? ( I think I know the answer to that, but I'm just checking)

A Squared said:
OK, help me out here, becaus I may be misunderstanding, does the term "Naval Aviator" mean only pilot rated crewmwmbers? ie: an ECMO would not correctly be referred to as a "Naval Aviator" ?

I don't think you're misunderstanding. RIO's and ECMO's are Naval Flight Officers (NFO's). Naval Aviators are pilots.

Guys,

Lighten up already. We're talking about guys in a bar trying to get laid--who cares what lines they are using, as long as they aren't using them on your sister. Surely you wouldn't let yourself be c@ck-blocked by some one else using the "pilot" line.

Or is everyone just mad because the marines already came and left with the good looking girls? :) (ducks)

Latest resources

Back