"I'm a pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

groundpointsix

Until last night, I never thought I would actually hear someone use this line. But wait, there's more.

I'm sitting in a bar last night with two girls and this guy comes up to us, mumbling and pointing to things. At first, I thought he was just talking his way through some rap lyric and dancing or something, but as I listened I realized that he was reading a checklist and giving the girls I was with a passenger briefing. He concludes it with "I'm a pilot."

Here's the rest of our conversation:

Me: Me too. What do you fly?
Him: Beech 1900Ds (He emphasized the "D")
Me: Oh really, who do you fly for? (Like I care)
Him: Continental Connection
Me: Commutair? (We're in Ohio, so I figured Commutair was a safe bet)
Him: No, actually I'm down south.
Me: Colgan? (OK, so I forgot they don't use the Beech on the Continental side of the house)
Him: Actually, I'm down in Florida. I fly for gulfstream.
Me: Oh. (How much did that cost you?)
Him: I know what you're thinking. All that PFT B.S. But it's great, I'm a permenent hire; I make $18 an hour and they're going to help me find a job with another airline.

At this point the girls are ignoring him completely. He went on for another 5-10 minutes about how great this was for his career and how he was turning down jobs with COEX and pinnacle. I didn't quite follow his logic.

Tool.

groundpointsix said:
I'm sitting in a bar last night with two girls and this guy comes up to us, mumbling and pointing to things.

I've never heard of such a thing. A mumbling fool at a bar? What kind of places are you hanging out at? :beer: Two girls? What would your mother say?

groundpointsix said:
...I'm sitting in a bar last night...and this guy comes up to us, mumbling and pointing to things...
The last guy that did that to me wound up on the ground looking up. Before he knew it, I was wielding his barstool over my head, telling him not to follow me outside. I apologized to the rest of the customers, told them what this man said and then set the stool down, warning this joker once again not to get up until I was long gone.

What was this guy's crime?

He told me he was a cop and that he wanted me to exit the bar with him, because he had some unanswered questions. I don't think he liked my answers.

Warning: You could do that in the 1980's...nowdays you gotta take it, because the government gets mad when you defend yourself.

FN FAL said:
The last guy that did that to me wound up on the ground looking up. Before he knew it, I was wielding his barstool over my head, telling him not to follow me outside. I apologized to the rest of the customers, told them what this man said and then set the stool down, warning this joker once again not to get up until I was long gone.

What was this guy's crime?

He told me he was a cop and that he wanted me to exit the bar with him, because he had some unanswered questions. I don't think he liked my answers.

Warning: You could do that in the 1980's...nowdays you gotta take it, because the government gets mad when you defend yourself.
lay off the power bars..

BoeingBaller said:
lay off the power bars..
His mistake was grabbing my arm...up untill then it was kind of funny watching him talk.

I came back to that place the next night...I guess Mr undercover cop went next door to the Holiday Inn hotel bar and then came back to "coaches corner" again after I left. According to the tavern manager, undercover cop dude was covered in mud and looked pretty beat up. I guess he tried the same routine on someone else.

I have to guess that the original poster of this thread knew the guy that was mumbling and pointing like an airline pilot or he would have asked the joker to move on.

MED said:
You're a pilot?
That's right, "Naval Aviator"
I met that chick at a skydiving boogie. Everybody was eating her crap like there was no tomorrow.

When the boogie was coming to a close, she told everybody she missed her flight and that if her brother couldn't meet her with a car at FT Dodge Iowa to pick her up and run her back to her home state, she was going to miss reporting for duty after her vacation. I offered to let her fly our plane back that night for round trip gas money and she refused the offer...probably because the radar was mounted on the front panel and not in the back seat.

groundpointsix said:
Until last night, I never thought I would actually hear someone use this line. But wait, there's more.

I'm sitting in a bar last night with two girls and this guy comes up to us, mumbling and pointing to things. At first, I thought he was just talking his way through some rap lyric and dancing or something, but as I listened I realized that he was reading a checklist and giving the girls I was with a passenger briefing. He concludes it with "I'm a pilot."

Here's the rest of our conversation:

Me: Me too. What do you fly?
Him: Beech 1900Ds (He emphasized the "D")
Me: Oh really, who do you fly for? (Like I care)
Him: Continental Connection
Me: Commutair? (We're in Ohio, so I figured Commutair was a safe bet)
Him: No, actually I'm down south.
Me: Colgan? (OK, so I forgot they don't use the Beech on the Continental side of the house)
Him: Actually, I'm down in Florida. I fly for gulfstream.
Me: Oh. (How much did that cost you?)
Him: I know what you're thinking. All that PFT B.S. But it's great, I'm a permenent hire; I make $18 an hour and they're going to help me find a job with another airline.

At this point the girls are ignoring him completely. He went on for another 5-10 minutes about how great this was for his career and how he was turning down jobs with COEX and pinnacle. I didn't quite follow his logic.

Tool.
I think you may have just met 350Driver:laugh: !

FN FAL said:
...probably because the radar was mounted on the front panel and not in the back seat.

ZING! Ouch... :D Always know your audience when you start bull$h!tting.TC

Latest resources

Back