• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey at least he knew you were home. In Alaska we were flying for a fish canary(sp) at night or should I say in the twilight we would buzz the canary so they would send the truck up to pick us up. We lived on a little two story dorm and my wife would jump out on the porch to see us go by. One day I got a little carried away and she was looking down at my smiling face as I buzzed by. (Cessna 206)She claims I missed the building by less then ten feet, I said it was intentional. She said if I ever did that again that she was packing up and going home, even she called me an idiot. Oh well...fun while it lasted.

Yesterday I learned that the runway 24 approach takes me very close to the home of racing legend Mario Andretti. Michael's home is near his dad's.

I understand Mario's Lockheed Jetstar is for sale. It lives in the hangar at our home base FBO. Four engines, big fuel pods under the wings. Gulp, gulp, gulp.

Yesterday, I started flying with someone besides the check airman. We got along well, which is good considering we had almost five hours of flight time. This is good.

Yes ... to many of us low-time wannabes it's VERY interesting.

Minh

Thanks for the blow-by-blow Timebuilder!

I suppose we could debate the "thread worthiness" of my recent romance with the new airplane. Frankly, I hope this is the beginning of a long-term relationship. I've loved flying since I first looked up from my lawn and saw a formation of "flying box cars" on training missions out of Willow Grove NAS, so I doubt that I will become so jaded that I will dismiss the shared experiences of other aviators as they move from private pilot to jet pilot.

When I was twelve, I had to sit around for several hours at a fly-in breakfast to overhear pilots talking, so this is a far better venue for the sharing of experiences.

When I add the "captain" in front of my name, I hope that a thread like this will still be interesting. If not, I'll ask my friends to throw some dirt on me.

Glad your excited about your new airplane, but every reference to "In the lear...." is getting too painful to read. Sounds like you've been flying the thing for years, when in actuality, you have less time than a newly minted private pilot in a 152.

I truly am excited for you and wish you well in your career, but please spare me the news reel about Andretti's house. Who knows, you may be flying for a celebrity one day, are you going to give us the details about servicing the blue water? I'm sure some low-time wannabe's would be interested.

Not interested? Don't click the link ... and we promise not to PM you the latest news. :D

Minh

(Who's living vicariously via T'Builder)

Aren't you suppose to be in night school now?

Go do something useful instead of dream of being an SIC.

Latest resources

Back