• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just applied for the overseas arm of pizza hut, turns out they charge you a fortune for training to drive a delivery scooter. Of course it's single piston DIC (driver in command) time, but with the the salary they pay it takes 5 years to make the same as the starting pay as a burgerflipper at Maccie D's, not counting the $5,- a gallon for gas.

BBj, I'll guess the army is the only place where you can write so bad and still get a flying job. Most of the time it's like a foreign language what you write. Maibee go bakc too skool and aks for a edumication

Any word on the tentative code share betwen Little Ceasers and Papa Johns. I don't think LC should get any PJ routes, I hear those guys drive for below industry wages, and they're non ALPDO ( Association of Line Pizza Delivery Operators ).

Hey people,

When I first started driving for a local pizza joint I busted my checkdrive (parallel parking, go figure). Will this affect my chances at Pizza Hut or Dominoes in the future?

Thanks in advance.

As long as no pizza's or toppings were disturbed, you should be okay. Don't try and hide anything, just beopen about it and tell them what you learned from the experience.

You have to keep in mind how many pizza drivers are out of work right now. This is bound to drive down wages, and increase PFD (pay for driving) where you buy yourself a driving job.

The pizza industry has been hit hard by the health awareness movement. People are exercising more, lowering their cholesterol, and taking vitamins. Some are just afraid to eat pizza, and you may never see them eating it again.

As always, you should have a plan B, to get you through the times when you can't drive. Chuck E Cheese has a few simulators for driving, but most drivers can't afford the tokens they require. Some working drivers may take you on as a DND (driver not driving) to read road maps, operate the horn, and communicate with other drivers. A hand gesture course might be a good investment in your career.

In some localities, you can take a Snowplow Transition Course. Sure, the driving isn't as exciting, but it can get you through the lean times, and it IS a driving job.

I'm 40 years old with wife, three kids and a mortgage. I HATE my desk job, and I am considering selling my house and liquidating my 401K to pursue the DREAM.

Can you guys give me some advice? I know the industry is in a terrible state, but what do you expect 10 years down the road.

Do you think I have any hope of making the majors? I don't want to spend my career at Papa John's. I hope to make it up to Pizza Hut one day.

I know that if I don't lose sight of my goal, I will eventually succeed, and there will be some hard times in between. However, I am also wondering if this DREAM will become just another job after the excitement wears off.

That depends.

In my town's morning paper, Pizza Hut has closed 15 stores here and in the surrounding area. While you can get your licence at one of the better driving schools, the industry may not recover for anther ten years. The rumor is that these shops may be replaced with KFC shops, and no drivers will be hired.

Sorry.

Can you guys give me some advice? I know the industry is in a terrible state, but what do you expect 10 years down the road

It's really hard to say. Usually the industry bounces right back, but these are record low times and the future is uncetain. The HAM as timebuilder mentioned is really hurting us. We're now seeing Low Cost food operators like Subway rising up and competing directly with majors like Pizza Hut. Hard times!

Definitely havea plan to fall back on. I want to go back to school and get me CPDD, ( Certified Pizza Driver Dispatch ) pehaps i can make a decent living on the other side of the road, dispatching drivers.

I tried for the CPDD, but I don't speak enough Spanish to meet the requirements for order taking.

:(

I tried for the CPDD, but I don't speak enough Spanish to meet the requirements for order taking.

That is the hardest part of the course, I also doubt my ability to pass the written at the end for that reason, but darn it, i'll try.

I just looked at Pizza Hut's long term recovery plan. They seem to have a solid idea for future growth although it depends heavily on expansion with other regional drivers. I don't know what this will mean for the mainline drivers, could be bad at first. However they want to take delivery of 110 new Accords, one a month starting next year, so keep your fingers crossed.

Latest resources

Back