Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pompous 4:26
Arrogance 3:18

I don't know much about the "good book," but if those passages are in there, maybe you should study them. It's simple, you bother me, so I guess I'll stop reading your posts.

By the way, since I'm on reserve all of the time, I applied for a second job at the gas station down on the corner. My interview is on Monday, cross your fingers everybody. If your lucky, I'll give you the play by play of my training and everyday experiences. I know that you all are interested. Talk to you soon!!!!!

Stop Over Store

The Stop Over Store at MSP and DTW are well-stocked and fun shopping, but be certain to note thier hours should you decide to visit. They are not open every day, all day. Also, you'll need your ID to get in. Ask an employee for directions as they are hidden from the public beyond "security" and/or the locations are posted in an advertisement in the little MSP or DTW newsletter/newspaper thingy you'll see out for grabs for free in the pax terminal.

Saabtrash, you're more than welcome to stop reading these posts, and MORE than welcome to avoid posting.

You've become

Annoying, 24:7

is that stopover store in DTW still open? i had heard that it closed because they couldn't afford to pay the rent anymore, esp. after the new NWA terminal opened up.

stopoverstore.com

flightstation is pretty much the same thing, but at delta hubs in cvg and atl. flightstation.com

i wouldn't say that purdy neat bags are not special. they are one of the best you can get. it would last you a long time. buy nice or buy twice.

Snakum:

I'm told the type covers the Lear lineup minus the 60. It's a different bird.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Bermuda to pick up passengers. If you have flown there, I'd like to hear your comments, along with pitfalls to avoid. AOPA says that I can use a birth certificate and photo ID in lieu of a passport, since I haven't received mine yet. Any other advice or anecdotes?

I'm still considering the rolling bag question. The PNT stuff might be a little pricey for me at this point.

Have you gone overwater yet? If you haven't yet and if you have it available, I'd pull out your Atlantic Orientation Chart and read over it tonight. Also, know exactly what you're going to say before you key the mike for a position report. You don't want to sound like a rookie, even if you are one...

Thanks. That's just the kind of info this rookie needs!

The last time I was overwater on my way to Bermuda was 1969, in the back of an Eastern 727...

I was just in Bermuda last week. You'll go to the GA side on the west side of the airport . The customs area is about as big as your living room. If you have a handler they will be doing everything for you. Of course you must have at least 3 copies of the gen. dec. the more the better. Waters area now is RVSM airspace from 310 and up with the transition area starting at 290. Unless you are RVSM equipped and certified you will be at 290 or below. You'll need HF all report go through ARINC New York Radio, as you get out of VHF range about 150 miles off-shore. You get in radar contact again about 200 miles from Bermuda. Other than being in a non-radar enviroment make all you positon reports IAW with the box items on the chart. Have fun and welcome to the real world.

Day Trip to Bermuda

The Selcal made the HF bearable, and the reporting wasn't a problem, although the airinc guy decided to be picky (and I could have spelled that word differently...) about his watch being a minute or so different from my watch, but once that was straightened out, no problem.

The Bermuda FBO was a reminder of a small town US airport, but not as nice. The fuel business is separate from the FBO, and getting fuel can take up to an hour if he is accross the field fueling a 757.

The female contoller had a heavy island accent that made her difficult to understand, but I had better get used to listening better.

Tomorrow, it's off to St. Martin for four days.

One more thing.

I talked with several Net Jets guys who were waiting to leave for White Plains behind me. No talk of apps being sent out any time soon. One guy told me that HR has "10,000 qualified pilots on file", but he acknowleged that this will dwindle when hiring resumes and pilots are called back to their old jobs.

One guy thought it would be about a year before accepting anyone new into the pool.

Latest resources

Back