• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire, II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One final at St.Marteen it is the responsibility of the FO to count the topless girls on the beach....stay out of trouble.

Forget the rollaboard, your corporate. Get a good hanging bag. I lived out of an old fold-in-the-middle hanging bag for years before I had to go and buy a roller for an airline job. I much prefer carring a hanging bag from the aft bag bin all the way to the rent car than I do dragging a roller through a half mile of terminal. As far as lears go, leave that 55 down at 390, and you'll enjoy life. Don't ask how I know not to try and take a 55 too high.

later

The beach on final to rwy 9 at the "Sint Maarten" (the Dutch version of Saint Martin) had only a guy who wanted to get a close look at our gear as we passed over him. We lowered the nose a little and he sank down to a crouch!

As we drove the island in the rented Corolla, I lost count of the topless and suitless bathers at the various beaches, particularly the Oriental Beach up on the French part of the island. It seemed to me that those who wore the least clothing were those who needed to be covered. There were, however, some notable exceptions. :)

A word of caution to those who use a certain company for your Customs scheduling and flight planning. We made two updates to the control center, revising our landing time. Neither revision made it to customs. If someone forgets to keep Customs informed of your ETA, you will wait on the ground almost an hour, as I did in Wilmington, NC. Our passengers were not pleased. I will be checking to make certain that customs is aware of our true, revised ETA from now on. Live and learn.

Everything on the island is two to three times what it should cost. No chain hotels are allowed there, only the hotels operated by locals, who set their own "unique" standard of hotel quality. A good Hilton would blow these guys off the island.

The sand and water were great. Ocean swimming was fantastic.

Three days were enough. I'll take Bermuda.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, I'm in the 55 down to Greenville/Spartansburg.

Any good places to eat, or air museums to visit?

Bags and GSP

Timebuilder said:
Tomorrow, I'm in the 55 down to Greenville/Spartansburg.

Any good places to eat, or air museums to visit?

:D I highly recommend the Purdy Neat Stuff bag, I've been using one for four years now and it is bullet proof, obtainable direct from the factory at luggageworksonline.com or from the Stopover stores. Great warranty as well. Please avoid Travel Pro,these are such poor quality that my company no longer suports them. ( it used to be part of our uniform).

As for GSP, well that's where I live so I will be a little biased here, but it would depend on how long you are in town. I can recommend Wild Wings downtown and The Blue Ridge Brewery on Main St. If you have time rent a car and drive the Blue Ridge Highway up to Ashville NC, it's a nice time of year to do this. The Biltmore Estate is fun to visit, although a little on the high side.
See you out there,

Latest resources

Back