Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a Lynx Pilot and I'm working for a screwed Regional for a LCC Regional Airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's interesting, because I haven't been able to read any of John Stemmler's letters. Do any even exist? Ever since last summer, you have been one of the loudest voices howling that SWAPA's version of who did what to who was pure fiction. And despite repeated requests, you have yet to provide any source for your version of events....other than your own keyboard.

True 'dat.

Has Stemmler ever even written anything? What's FAPA's take on the Lynx thing? The Mx? Your CEO getting walking papers?

Repeat after me......

Sean M. picked RAH, even IF F9 pilots accepted the fist, WN wasn't even seriously in the running by those who made the choice. Not FAPA, not SWAPA, . See Mo Garfinkle's quote......

Don't speak of such things! We at CAL are going to do all we can to keep our flying where it belongs. IN HOUSE. They want to fly 170's and 190s over here at CAL thats fine. They can staff them with mainline pilots and pay mainline rates.

Thus the reason mainline pilots will never get those planes on property and why this profession will never have a career path anymore. You need to do what it takes to get those planes on property. If it means flying them at current rj rates then so be it! Once they are on property, then with the next contract you can work to bring it more in line with mainline. But mainline guys will never take that difficult step, and do what it takes to get these 70-100 seaters on property because the military influence is too strong at every damn*d one of them. We just can't have a former military guy flying a jet with less than 100 seats at 20-40 grand for a few years. Yes, the pay is abominable, but these planes will then always be mainline's and the regionals will have to go back and do what regionals were supposed to do.....feed mainline from podunkville!

I agree with the sentiment but there is a ray of hope, Pipejockey. Here at JB the 190s were brought on at seriously crappy RJ rates in 2005, and plenty of mil dudes flew them here at the junk rates. Some are blue-juicers but most I've encountered have a great grasp of the industry issues and what we should be getting paid.

Ironic that the only airline that would integrate regional pilots to their list is the only one that doesn't have regional feed. ALL of the airlines should integrate their regional pilots on mainlines seniority list. If you fly an AA, UAL, Delta passenger, you oughta be an AA, UAL, Delta pilot! Seems reasonable to me!

Tell you what.....you can integrate at the bottom.....DEAL?

Tell you what.....you can integrate at the bottom.....DEAL?

Well as far as the regional pilots go, then yes, they should be integrated at the bottom. A pure staple. Where do the major airlines hire from? The military and from the left seat of the regionals. So whether you are stapled or you have to go through the whole arduous interview process, you are still at the bottom. And I think probably 90% or more of regional pilots would be thrilled at a staple. It just these career RJ CA's that have been in the left seat for 15+ years that couldn't get hired at mainline that think they are owed something.

I agree with the sentiment but there is a ray of hope, Pipejockey. Here at JB the 190s were brought on at seriously crappy RJ rates in 2005, and plenty of mil dudes flew them here at the junk rates. Some are blue-juicers but most I've encountered have a great grasp of the industry issues and what we should be getting paid.

And the next regional that signs a contract ought to not even think about signing it unless their large RJ rates are at least equivalent to JB's. There is absolutely no excuse for anything other than that.

Hey...hey...hey...let's not forget the corporate world.

Why in the h*ll would anyone want to leave the corporate world? Regional guys are leaving for corporate work all the time. I wish I could fall into a nice corporate gig where I could be treated with respect and be compensated commiserate with my experience.

Latest resources

Back