Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a Lynx Pilot and I'm working for a screwed Regional for a LCC Regional Airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dude100

I love Frontier and those animals and I hope they get to keep whats left of their beloved brand. I loved flying that Q400 into those mountain towns too. Too bad we're going away. I think BB is making a regretful mistake just to portray his new companys "JETS" or "RJET" ticker image or whatever. Turboprops may not be as sexy as EMB190, but they do serve a niche and a purpose.

I guess I'll go to plumbing school, get a tatoo, wear fishing shirts and make more than I did flying a 74 pax aircraft. No recurrent, no medicals, and if the toilet I'm working on overflows its no big deal. I was proud to fly for Lynx and really proud to have flown the Q400. Very high-tech and fun airplane. Too bad.

If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down!

ps-Hope fuel doesn't keep going up BB...

Your PS says it all. Sometime in the future, who knows when, it will be all about turboprops before the whole house goes up.
Sorry to hear about your job.

Dude, sorry to hear what is happening on your end. Your guys who get on these forums have always seemed like a class act.

I wonder what GK would have done with your guys had SWA won the bid. We knew he was planning on replacing the bus for the gup, but nothing really came out re the Q.
It does fit a niche market, especially in the short haul / lower pax count markets. I think it would have complemented SWA's model nicely, but I'm just a line pilot / armchair CEO.

Good luck with your future and those of your buds.

Dude, sorry to hear what is happening on your end. Your guys who get on these forums have always seemed like a class act.

I wonder what GK would have done with your guys had SWA won the bid. We knew he was planning on replacing the bus for the gup, but nothing really came out re the Q.
It does fit a niche market, especially in the short haul / lower pax count markets. I think it would have complemented SWA's model nicely, but I'm just a line pilot / armchair CEO.

Good luck with your future and those of your buds.

Thanks for the nice comments. I thought we would've been a nice fit over at SWA.

:crying:I suppose now this will happen to me in a few months...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvRBDQqSmY

Dude-
I am really sorry- I was another arm-chair CEO that would have welcomed you and the Q to our seniority list and route system. I think there are a LOT of markets that could work with that plane- and if we had ordered more- I'd have loved to fly it too- I really wish things had gone differently.
Ps- no desire to flame that old argument- it just sucks to hear of pilots losing their jobs

I love Frontier and those animals and I hope they get to keep whats left of their beloved brand. I loved flying that Q400 into those mountain towns too. Too bad we're going away. I think BB is making a regretful mistake just to portray his new companys "JETS" or "RJET" ticker image or whatever. Turboprops may not be as sexy as EMB190, but they do serve a niche and a purpose.

I guess I'll go to plumbing school, get a tatoo, wear fishing shirts and make more than I did flying a 74 pax aircraft. No recurrent, no medicals, and if the toilet I'm working on overflows its no big deal. I was proud to fly for Lynx and really proud to have flown the Q400. Very high-tech and fun airplane. Too bad.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Republic is doing a lot of damage out there. But, what goes around comes around. It is a fact of life.

Sorry to hear about Lynx. Apparently, it doesn't make money sense keeping 11 aircraft around with training, parts, etc. so as much as I wish RJet kept the aircraft I guess, business is business. I guess you'll get integrated and be flying something else at RJet though. If not, and you want to get out of the industry, I encourage you to. Go find other paths and avenues. I wish you the best of luck either way.

" I guess I'll go to plumbing school, get a tatoo, wear fishing shirts and make more than I did flying a 74 pax aircraft. No recurrent, no medicals, and if the toilet I'm working on overflows its no big deal."

If this truly is your mindset....Then you are Leaps and Bounds ahead of 99% of the people on these Forums.

The ability to adapt, is the ability to survive.

Happiness does not come from being able to say " I am an Airline Pilot". It comes from the ability to say " I am whatever I choose to be."

Good Luck to you Sir if you are sincere in the above.

You are on the right Path.

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back